Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Ive gone to the dealer a couple times complaining about the sunroof noise, finally gave up when the dealer couldn't fix it. If your car is brand new have the dealer replace the wipers, they'll do it under warranty like mine.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the tip!

Did the dealer make the sunroof noise any better at least?

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roverny View Post
    Hi all,

Got a new 2018 GT1 AWD with Drivewise a couple months ago. Traded in a 2015 Optima SXL.

I love the Stinger, though I do miss the roominess and the trunk of the Optima (that trunk was immense!).

I've been lurking on a few Stinger forums and I've run into a few issues I wanted to ask you all about to see if you've experienced them as well and if so, what have you done.

Here goes! :)

1. A noise when sun roof fabric is open-and only when it's open it seems. Like a squeaking.
    2. I haven't seen this myself-even tho I'm the DD-but my wife has, twice. All the displays went off for 10-20 seconds while driving.
    3. TSC. When going around a sharp corner, usually up hill, if the TSC activates, I literally can't go anywhere for about 3-5 seconds until the car figures out whatever it needs to figure out. Very strange and frustrating.
    4. For a brand new car the wax job doesn't feel very good. Usually after I wax my own car, it's soft for about 1-2 months, the Stinger wasn't ever "soft".
    5. The rain-sensing wipers...SUCK. Out here in the Pacific NW, we get a fair amount of rain, but usually it doesn't rain too hard. The wipers can't seem to figure out what to do and I really wish I just had a "regular" intermittent that could be turned on.
    6. The wipers themselves. Since day one have been streaky. Now of course I can get new ones, but these should be new! Plus the optima had the same issue. Every time I got new wipers, about a month later, streaksx

About to make an appointment to get the wiring recall fixed and would like them to look at some of this stuff as well, but I'm curious if others have had similar issues and what they/you did.

Cheers!
    Interesting. I haven't experienced any of these issues except #4. I had the whole fader issue that was reported here earlier last year and it was sorted with a new head unit, so perhaps that new head unit also resolved item #2. Maybe I haven't driven it hard enough to experience #3, but in terms of the wipers, they've been excellent through some very bad storms, one in which many folks pulled to the side of the road to stop driving, and I didn't feel the need to do that. I've actually been very impressed with the wipers (coming from a 2017 Golf R).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had any of those issues. Dead silent, no creaks or squeaks. My wipers surprised me with how well they wiped, I like 'em.

Mine came without any wax on it's finish. Dry and covered in dirt with little grease spots everywhere. I washed it and waxed it real good when I got it home. Out of all the cars I've bought brand new (6) none have ever been delivered waxed. BMW charged for some fake "paint protection" but it wasn't waxed.
    2019 KIA Stinger GT1 AWD Nardo/Ghost/Ceramic Gray

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No issues with the sun roof, traction control, display, or streaking with the wiper blades. I but my wipers do have a mind of there own when it rains, wife can’t stand it. I have a red stinger with no issues on the paint or wax, what color does everyone else have that they are having issues with?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crayola Grey View Post
    I haven't had any of those issues. Dead silent, no creaks or squeaks. My wipers surprised me with how well they wiped, I like 'em.

Mine came without any wax on it's finish. Dry and covered in dirt with little grease spots everywhere. I washed it and waxed it real good when I got it home. Out of all the cars I've bought brand new (6) none have ever been delivered waxed. BMW charged for some fake "paint protection" but it wasn't waxed.
    Good to hear! :)

This is my first new car so I'd imagined they'd make it as nice as they could to sell. Guess not so much on the wax job.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyposs View Post
    No issues with the sun roof, traction control, display, or streaking with the wiper blades. I but my wipers do have a mind of there own when it rains, wife can’t stand it. I have a red stinger with no issues on the paint or wax, what color does everyone else have that they are having issues with?
    "mind of their own" Lol.

Mine is black.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I haven’t really experienced any of these issues. The closest thing is on warm days with the sunroof shade open I sometimes hear the sun roof seal ‘squeak’ if you call it that. I put Armor All on the seal, which is a bit difficult to get to all of it, but it seems to have worked. I assume there is some twist in the body causing this, probably due to the hatch design and large sunroof. Other than that no real issues. I’m supprised by hearing about the paint/wax issues. Mine is great and still beads as if recently waxed (purchased last April). Washed numerous times, finish perfectly smooth.

Oh, I do have the speaker sound center issue. It happens maybe once a month. I’m just not ready to let them tear my dash apart to fix it yet. I’ll let them ‘practice’ on a few more Stingers first.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast