Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Love my Stinger, but a few...issues

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Man that sucks about the sun roof. Question,you say you plan to get pilot sport in the spring, did your not come with them? The only problem I had with Kia was with a remote start, they couldn’t figure it out for a couple of months and said they were waiting from higher HQ for a fix.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I checked my service report, and I was wrong about the sunroof issue being fixed as part of a TSB. It wasn’t fixed. Mind you, I didn’t have the issue, but I didn’t want to leave you upset with your dealer for not having a TSB. What they did fix was:
1. SA322 rattle noise from tail gate.
2. SC170 Front wiring harness inspection/replacement and grommet installation - recall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

roverny

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #24
Man that sucks about the sun roof. Question,you say you plan to get pilot sport in the spring, did your not come with them? The only problem I had with Kia was with a remote start, they couldn’t figure it out for a couple of months and said they were waiting from higher HQ for a fix.
No, they came with some Bridgestone Potenza model that aren't very good.

Huh, weird. Did it ever get fixed?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Anyone notice how the front crash sensor only works either when you have the cruise control on or when you are in reverse? When I park in a garage I have to put in reverse and back in drive to get it to engage. It’s also notorious for going off when I park at a curb get back in to reverse and then the front sensor goes off like I’m going to hit something in the front while backing up? Anyone else?
Hey [MENTION=1958]Johnnyposs[/MENTION], your's is an easy fix. As others have mentioned, the SONAR sensors are the four round dots around the front and rear bumpers. Specifically the front for your question. Now, the system will ALWAYS activate in reverse. It's programmed that way unless you intentionally hit the P> (center) button on the counsel. This system is SMART. That means that it will remember your last selection.

The reason that it's not activating when you pull into your garage is because the system was turned OFF when in DRIVE at some point previously. So, tonight when you pull into the garage, push the button on the counsel to turn the system back ON while still in DRIVE and the system will then always activate when you have it in drive.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Yea they were kind enough to come to my house and install it since I bought it for the 4 banger model and updated to the gt2 before it arrived. I just hate how it turns off the engine once you open the doors.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2
Thanks man I will try that

OP
R

roverny

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #28
I checked my service report, and I was wrong about the sunroof issue being fixed as part of a TSB. It wasn’t fixed. Mind you, I didn’t have the issue, but I didn’t want to leave you upset with your dealer for not having a TSB. What they did fix was:
1. SA322 rattle noise from tail gate.
2. SC170 Front wiring harness inspection/replacement and grommet installation - recall
Appreciate the correction. :)

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT1
The auto wipers do seem to have a mind of their own. Just when I think I have it figured out and set correctly they prove me wrong by wiping a dry windshield to death. Ended up turning this off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk