Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What would you change?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] that's what I needed clarification on since he quoted the whole sentence.
Always [MENTION=210]DigDug[/MENTION]! I'm here to help! LOL

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger / 2017 Camaro SS
NO, he is not.

Remote start is NOT an option on the Stinger yet.

In order to have the UVO based system, a vehicle has to have an LTE modem embedded in the vehicle and the 2018 does not and will not.

As for standard remote start, it will be a Port Installed Option in the future but is not available currently. Can't get it from Kia or aftermarket currently.
That?s odd.. my service manager said that parts should be tomorrow for the remote start.. gave me a price quote for parts and labor. I?ll keep everyone posted regarding whether or not this comes to pass.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That?s odd.. my service manager said that parts should be tomorrow for the remote start.. gave me a price quote for parts and labor. I?ll keep everyone posted regarding whether or not this comes to pass.
Yes, please let me know. As of last week when I checked, it still wasn't available.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Does the US-Version not heave a Smart-Mode ?
Because for EU-Versions we heave a SMart-Mode, that analyse what the driver wants and change the behavior of the car.

Greetz Slowy

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Does the US-Version not heave a Smart-Mode ?
Because for EU-Versions we heave a SMart-Mode, that analyse what the driver wants and change the behavior of the car.

Greetz Slowy
Yes.. my car has the smart mode, but you have to drive it super hard to get it to switch to sport mode. Most of the time it cycles between comfort - which is kinda boring, and eco - which is kinda boring.

Someone stated that this is a learning transmission/computer, so I?m going to give it a little more time driving in comfort before I pass final judgement.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yes, please let me know. As of last week when I checked, it still wasn't available.
Update: My Stinger is at the dealer having remote start installed as this post is being typed.. unless my parts and service manager are seriously confused, I?d say that remote start is available through Kia.

I checked last week at Best Buy to price alternatives.. nobody has anything for the Stinger yet, so OEM is the only option.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Update: My Stinger is at the dealer having remote start installed as this post is being typed.. unless my parts and service manager are seriously confused, I?d say that remote start is available through Kia.

I checked last week at Best Buy to price alternatives.. nobody has anything for the Stinger yet, so OEM is the only option.
Nice, which dealer did you purchase it from?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Nice, which dealer did you purchase it from?
Dennis Eakin Kia in Killeen.. Should be just about ready for pick-up. I'm getting antsy.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

Exciting looking forward to your feedback.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Definitely keep us posted. Really excited about this.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Dennis Eakin Kia in Killeen.. Should be just about ready for pick-up. I'm getting antsy.
Make sure they didn't rush through anything. Check the connections if you can and test the auto start multiple times.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
IMG_3004.jpg IMG_3005.jpg
Definitely keep us posted. Really excited about this.
So just got the car back.. Nobody at Kia could really tell me much about the remote start, except that they thought it was a separate fob, which was very disappointing. I took a pic of the second fob next to the smart key.

The great news is that remote start can be activated through the smart key by pressing lock and then the trunk or panic button (see attached quick start guide).

All in all, it works as designed. I started the car from about 150 feet away with the extra fob, and then the smart key. I'm sure the range is the same using the smart key as any other function (lock, unlock etc.). I haven't tested max distance, and I'm probably not going to as I feel like it would vary with battery power. No idea if the additional starter fob has more or less range than the smart key.

The only real bummer is that there is no "take-over" feature, meaning that when I open the door, the car shuts off and I have to start it again. Most vehicles I've ever had required me to re-push the start button anyway, so it's really no big deal.. I just think it's dumb that I have to re-start the car. Hopefully with the auto-stop/start feature, this car has a robust starter that won't get worn out by the extra starts over a few years.

So there it is.. Maybe the first remote start. I'm happy, and tomorrow morning I'll be extra happy to get into a warm vehicle!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
View attachment 308 View attachment 309

So just got the car back.. Nobody at Kia could really tell me much about the remote start, except that they thought it was a separate fob, which was very disappointing. I took a pic of the second fob next to the smart key.

The great news is that remote start can be activated through the smart key by pressing lock and then the trunk or panic button (see attached quick start guide).

All in all, it works as designed. I started the car from about 150 feet away with the extra fob, and then the smart key. I'm sure the range is the same using the smart key as any other function (lock, unlock etc.). I haven't tested max distance, and I'm probably not going to as I feel like it would vary with battery power. No idea if the additional starter fob has more or less range than the smart key.

The only real bummer is that there is no "take-over" feature, meaning that when I open the door, the car shuts off and I have to start it again. Most vehicles I've ever had required me to re-push the start button anyway, so it's really no big deal.. I just think it's dumb that I have to re-start the car. Hopefully with the auto-stop/start feature, this car has a robust starter that won't get worn out by the extra starts over a few years.

So there it is.. Maybe the first remote start. I'm happy, and tomorrow morning I'll be extra happy to get into a warm vehicle!
Thanks for the update, My C43 does that same thing once you remote start it. Once you open the door the engine shuts off and you have to start it again.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
[MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION] how much did they charge you including install?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
[MENTION=405]ihatecats78[/MENTION] how much did they charge you including install?
The quote was about $575 parts and labor if I recall. According to them it took almost three hours to put in. I had a coupon for 15% off some service related purchase that I got when I bought the car and I thought it was prudent to put it against this. When it was all said and done, I paid about $530 out the door.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The quote was about $575 parts and labor if I recall. According to them it took almost three hours to put in. I had a coupon for 15% off some service related purchase that I got when I bought the car and I thought it was prudent to put it against this. When it was all said and done, I paid about $530 out the door.
Thank you, that's not bad at all.