Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Mainstream rivals? Buick Regal GS?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Aka Holden Commodore VXR. With the AWD system and potent ( but NA and weaker) engine do u think these two will be cross-shopped?

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Probably not, the Regal platform has been out for awhile and not many people noticed nor cared for it. Depends on how sport-oriented it is but I doubt it'll gain much love. The Regal GS didn't get much love here in the US, maybe saying it's a Holden might perk some interest.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I think the Regal GS is a competitor to the Stinger. Personally, I was considering a Regal GS (older and newer one). I was also considering an Acura TLX. Both of those cars have AWD and a bunch of features at a decent price. However they were disappointing to me. When KIA came out with the Stinger, it changed everything and now I prefer that. It's been said in the media that the BMW4, Audi A4 A5, Mercedes C class are competitors but I would like to add the Buick Regal GS, Acura TLX, Cadillac ATS and Nissan Maxima (yes I know it's front wheel drive). In addition to that, although NOT competitors (and WON'T be cross shopped), I believe the Stinger has many of the attributes of the Porsche Panamera, Audi A7, BMW 5 series, Mercedes E class and Cadillac CTS. I personally believe the Regal GS, Acura TLX and Cadillac ATS have the most to fear from the Stinger. IF people buy the Stinger.

Last edited:

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I don't think the Regal GS nor the Acura TLX would be in the same group as the Stinger as they are built on a FWD platform.

I agree with [MENTION=127]stinger1168[/MENTION] that the Stinger's competition are the German cars.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
I know when the pricing was announced for the Stinger I started to look at the "competition" in the German brands. The S5 came to mind but the price is more than can be justified epsc. when with the warranty of the Stinger. I mean the pricing even has me looking outside the sport sedan market to vehicles I would not have considered before. Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Infinity. Different platforms in some cases, but for the price of the Stinger GT2 those platforms are much more attractive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Kia Stinger News 3