Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

XForce Catback with Varex Mufflers

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Just ordered the XForce Polished stainless steel catback system with twin 2.5" piping and Varex rear mufflers

I found them for a really good price, they are typically $1,900+ but they have them for $1,295.10 on this website https://www.summitracing.com/parts/xfo-esks17vmkcbs

They said they have over 3 in stock now in Ohio and free shipping nationwide.

Will share videos and sound once installed.

[video=youtube;PdFAVy4q7q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdFAVy4q7q8[/video]

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Excellent buy, keep us posted once you get the order and install. I like the way this exhaust sounds.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
This is an absolute bargain; a bimodal system equipped with mid pipes. For most brands, it would cost over double to mix and match a bimodal catback with a set of mid pipes which are the more important factor in this equation.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Great find. Keep us posted with sound clip. Would sound mean AF with a cat delete.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
In for your install review

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Excited to see/hear your results!

OP
Gekkie96
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Thread Starter #7
I'm installing Jonny Tigs CAI as well so I will do sound without the CAI and the after it's installed. It may not be the best sound quality but I will see what I can do.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What kit does it come with the open/close the valves? Don't see any description on wires in the picture or the Xforce site.

Last edited:
OP
Gekkie96
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Thread Starter #9
Not sure about the specific kit but Summit Racing did confirm it comes with all the wiring etc... Once I get it I will take pictures of what comes in the box.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
looking forward to the install and results. Summit racing is a good company. Grew up 30 minutes from their HQ.

Last edited:

EMAW817

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Following!

OP
Gekkie96
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Thread Starter #12
Sorry for the delay on following up here, I've been real busy. I got the exhaust installed and I'm trying to get a way to record good sound to do a video for everyone and I will post pictures soon.

First off the fitment on this was not great IMO, the right side muffler tips don't even reach the diffuser tips. It was so short the guy that installed it added extra piping to the tip to extend it out. I'm not happy with that as it looks cheap and I need to have it removed. He did this without asking me or even telling me, I discovered it after I already left the shop. Additionally the left side pipe before the muffler sticks down significantly more than the right side, I'm not sure why but with a bolt on catback it should not do this. To be honest I'm going to have the install double checked as I did not like the guy that did the job and don't trust his work... I will report back if the fitment problems are an install issue or not.

The wiring was pretty simple, it comes with a cigarette lighter power cord but I had it hard wired to the battery with a fuse. I recommend this and it will be much easier than running the wire all the way up to the cigarette lighter (the stinger battery is in the trunk). It comes with two fobs to open and close the valves. A to open them and B to close them.

One thing that could be improved is you have no way of knowing if the valves opened or closed when you click the fob buttons. You can hear the difference in sound but I feel like the fob should beep or something to confirm it properly opened or closed.

I'm very happy with the sound this catback is putting out. Its loud when you want it and quiet when you don't. When running with the valves closed its not as quiet as stock but its also not that loud, if that makes sense. I leave the valves open most of the time, it has no drone and sounds very clean IMO. Its not a super loud setup even with the valves open but that is why I like it. I could do long trips with the valves open and not be annoyed. I have not had the car on the dyno but it definitely feels like it got a little more HP from the catback.

Aside from the fitment issues I'm very happy with this catback system, I would recommend it for the price the value is there.

Pictures and videos coming real soon. If you have any questions ask away.

EMAW817

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay on following up here, I've been real busy. I got the exhaust installed and I'm trying to get a way to record good sound to do a video for everyone and I will post pictures soon.

First off the fitment on this was not great IMO, the right side muffler tips don't even reach the diffuser tips. It was so short the guy that installed it added extra piping to the tip to extend it out. I'm not happy with that as it looks cheap and I need to have it removed. He did this without asking me or even telling me, I discovered it after I already left the shop. Additionally the left side pipe before the muffler sticks down significantly more than the right side, I'm not sure why but with a bolt on catback it should not do this. To be honest I'm going to have the install double checked as I did not like the guy that did the job and don't trust his work... I will report back if the fitment problems are an install issue or not.

The wiring was pretty simple, it comes with a cigarette lighter power cord but I had it hard wired to the battery with a fuse. I recommend this and it will be much easier than running the wire all the way up to the cigarette lighter (the stinger battery is in the trunk). It comes with two fobs to open and close the valves. A to open them and B to close them.

One thing that could be improved is you have no way of knowing if the valves opened or closed when you click the fob buttons. You can hear the difference in sound but I feel like the fob should beep or something to confirm it properly opened or closed.

I'm very happy with the sound this catback is putting out. Its loud when you want it and quiet when you don't. When running with the valves closed its not as quiet as stock but its also not that loud, if that makes sense. I leave the valves open most of the time, it has no drone and sounds very clean IMO. Its not a super loud setup even with the valves open but that is why I like it. I could do long trips with the valves open and not be annoyed. I have not had the car on the dyno but it definitely feels like it got a little more HP from the catback.

Aside from the fitment issues I'm very happy with this catback system, I would recommend it for the price the value is there.

Appreciate the update! Feel any power gains with the midpipe replaced?

OP
Gekkie96
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Thread Starter #14
Yes, there is a little more hp, its noticeable.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Subscribed for video.[clap]

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT

[MENTION=1748]Gekkie96[/MENTION] can you post up some photos of the fitment issues?

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Appreciate you testing this out for us [MENTION=1748]Gekkie96[/MENTION], looking forward to your video.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
Please post some interior sound clips[like]

OP
Gekkie96
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
Thread Starter #19
[MENTION=1748]Gekkie96[/MENTION] can you post up some photos of the fitment issues?
Here you go. Sound videos coming soon.

20190119_101947.jpg

20190119_102008.jpg

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
VIDEO! [clap]