Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Test drove 2019 Stinger GT AWD - here is what happened

OP
O
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 BMW 335i
Thread Starter #21
Oh wait, I just noticed the "additional equipment" 18" tires [sad] That's not additional. They take the more expensive 19" wheels/tires and give you 18" for the same price. Oh well...

I also don't like the lower top speed of 130mph with cars that have the 18", so I will be looking for a Stinger with 19".

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Oh wait, I just noticed the "additional equipment" 18" tires [sad] That's not additional. They take the more expensive 19" wheels/tires and give you 18" for the same price. Oh well...

I also don't like the lower top speed of 130mph with cars that have the 18", so I will be looking for a Stinger with 19".
They offer the 18" in many states with snow

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT
One thing I didn't like is that I soon as I sat in the car, the saleslady said she would take me somewhere to test the launch control!
If she said you can launch the car, just think how many others may have been doing it on test drives. I would find a different dealer. Can't believe she wanted you to launch the car, that's crazy.

[lovekia]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Agree, there an increasing trend of both salespeople and customers ignorantly (or maliciously) abusing the cars before they're broken in. Yes it may help sell a car to certain customers, but it's definitely why I sought out a very low mileage car - plus a dealer that was surrounded by stop signs/lights every 10' so it's unlikely you could get the car going on a test drive. My last suggestion to a new buyer - if you value an untouched car, get one that's just been delivered that still has all the plastic, etc...you can talk to dealers, explain what you want and they can let you know when it'll be delivered so you can time your purchase so the car isn't driven by others.

Optimally a car company would break in the engine pre-delivery so one doesn't have to worry about things like this, but I realize there's add'l cost

Reactions
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Micro Blue
My last suggestion to a new buyer - if you value an untouched car, get one that's just been delivered that still has all the plastic, etc...you can talk to dealers, explain what you want and they can let you know when it'll be delivered so you can time your purchase so the car isn't driven by others.
That's how mine arrived and I completely agree with you.