Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Age Demographics

Kia Stinger Age Demographics

• 16-24 years

Votes: 30 5.3%
  • 25-34 years

Votes: 117 20.6%
  • 35-44 years

Votes: 140 24.6%
  • 45-54 years

Votes: 162 28.5%
  • 55-64 years

Votes: 65 11.4%
  • 65 years and over

Votes: 55 9.7%

• Total voters

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1 + Drive Wise
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
[video=youtube_share;1rmEbuvIGoE]https://youtu.be/1rmEbuvIGoE[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive

[video=youtube_share;JzVENvx_K_w]https://youtu.be/JzVENvx_K_w[/video]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States

Bravo [clap]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
lol nice!

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
You made it look so effortless [MENTION=430]DBurd[/MENTION][like]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
All-season tires? LOL

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
lol you're making me feel old for being 45.
Remember kids, respect your elders (that means me) - I'm 47 so... ; )

A year or two ago, Mazda had the youngest average car owner age of around 42. I thought "Wow, old people own a lot of cars!" Get your head around it and it's older people that "should" be able to afford cars. Kids want them, can't afford them yet, so they buy used, get a parents hand-me-down etc.., so make sense.

Take the Sorento. 54% of those buying the Sorento are women, and the average age of the Sorento buyer is 54 years old. Couldn't quickly find the overall Kia average age of buyer, but due to Soul marketing, that alone has surely pushed the average age down. Enter the Stinger, likely to be doing the same.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Its people in the 40's (Gen X) that are buying cars these days. Millenials prefer ride sharing.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I'm a Millennial I think its more based on where you live, a lot of my friends that are my age who live in Chicago don't buy cars because parking is a big issue and mass transit here is fairly decent.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I'm a Millennial I think its more based on where you live, a lot of my friends that are my age who live in Chicago don't buy cars because parking is a big issue and mass transit here is fairly decent.
This is very true, I think. I'm in SW Missouri, many miles from any city of any size (KC, Tulsa, etc.). There is no public transportation, no bus lines going through here, no passenger trains, no Amtrak, no Uber, no ride sharing, no choice. If I lived in a metropolitan area, I'd take public transit to work (before I retired) but there was none, so my car sat outside in the parking lot 8 hours a day, five days a week, subject to door dents, hail, rain, ice and snow. Commute was 50 miles every day round trip. No choice except to sell the house and move to another one and hope the job didn't change. I'm 200 miles to the Tulsa airport which we use most of the time and 200 miles to Kansas City airport. I live in my car, even after retirement. But I'm not a millennial either, I'm an old car nut who never grew up and who learned to drive with the best and still love driving what I can afford. Like what you drive and drive what you like.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
That makes a lot of sense. I'm 47, but I'd consider the same thing living in Chicago also. It is age, or is it environment? The survey I pointed to shows more millennial buying cars than Gen X-ers like myself did. Interesting...

But hey, to keep it somewhat on the Stinger, isn't this car going to push the trend to car ownership? Of course it is ; )

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
38 and not an owner yet, but considering this (KIA) for the first time after owning several 330i and a 540i BMWs in my adult life.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
38 and not an owner yet, but considering this (KIA) for the first time after owning several 330i and a 540i BMWs in my adult life.
Have you test driven a GT version yet? It'll give you a really good idea at what you are dealing with here.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Have you test driven a GT version yet? It'll give you a really good idea at what you are dealing with here.
Yessir, took a Ceramic Grey GT2 RWD for a test spin and had myself a Stinger experience of 110+mph on HWY101 here. 0-60 w/out launch control put a smile on my face!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Yessir, took a Ceramic Grey GT2 RWD for a test spin and had myself a Stinger experience of 110+mph on HWY101 here. 0-60 w/out launch control put a smile on my face!
With all due respect, I'm glad I didn't buy a "new" car that was broken in that way.... [thumbdown]