Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

GFB Performance Kia Stinger BOV Kits

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Focus ST(Stinger GT1 soon)
Are there any sound clips of these on a stinger? Curious to hear what they sound like as I am not familiar with GFBs BOVs sound wise.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Here you go

[video=youtube;zhhrwXOvzX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhhrwXOvzX8[/video]

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Here you go

[video=youtube;zhhrwXOvzX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhhrwXOvzX8[/video]
I think the novelty of the BOV will wear off on me fast lol. Can't imagine hearing that every day.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So, silly noob question here... LOL

Besides hearing the boost escape, what mechanical or performance benefit is there from a BOV?

Reactions
Country
United States

Besides hearing the boost escape, what mechanical or performance benefit is there from a BOV?
Unless you swapped out turbos this is going to be strictly for noise.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States

There is a slight performance benefit. Stock BOV's leak under hard boost and can't keep up when adding boost. Aftermarket BOV's like this help to maintain boost in the intake tract so that your engine is getting all the boost that the turbos are making. But, getting this without upgrading the waste gate is in essence, silly. If your new BOV's don't leak your stock waste gate will definitely start leaking boost.

Keep in mind that not all BOV's on the market are high quality. Without knowing the design of this particular one, I can't comment on it, it does look high quality though. I personally recommend Turbosmart. I worked for them before and have handled them firsthand and know they are high quality and the company stands behind them 100%