Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Andriod auto and Google Maps

Davjew

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Gt2
Has anyone figured out how to get turn by turn instructions on the heads up display when using Google Maps and Android Auto?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Has anyone figured out how to get turn by turn instructions on the heads up display when using Google Maps and Android Auto?
Hey there [MENTION=1833]Davjew[/MENTION]! Welcome to the forum!

Yes Sir, it's pretty easy actually. LOL

First, you need to get a USB cable with sync capability. You're gonna plug it into the USB jack in the middle.

Second, download Android Auto (AA) on your cell. Once downloaded, run the app and accept all of the promts to allow access.

Third, plug your phone into the USB cord and into the jack. Then you will answer a couple more prompts on your phone the first time.

Finally, if the screen doesn't flip to AA on it's own, select the AA icon on the home screen of the car. The icon in the bottom left of the screen will open Google Maps.

OP
D

Davjew

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Gt2
Thread Starter #3
Sorry but maybe I wasn't clear. I am already using Google Maps with Android Auto and it works fine. The piece that is missing is the turn by turn information on the heads up display.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The heads up display only shows the turn by turn information when you are using the car's nav system.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
The heads up display only shows the turn by turn information when you are using the car's nav system.
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Davjew

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Gt2
Thread Starter #6
This is weak. Your answer isn't weak but the fact the Kia touts their system as working with Android Auto, but doesn't fully work with Google Maps, which is a core function, is very disappointing. Hope they can add that function soon.