Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger's tires

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport tires but I'm not sure I'll replace them with the same tires. They are great tires but I may try something else when its time to replace them. Anyone else try other tires yet? Anything thats quieter without losing all of the performance? I'm sure the Continentals are quieter but probably dont perform as well.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I'm switching to Pirelli PZero when these tires wear down. Had them on my previous and they were much quieter.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport tires but I'm not sure I'll replace them with the same tires. They are great tires but I may try something else when its time to replace them. Anyone else try other tires yet? Anything thats quieter without losing all of the performance? I'm sure the Continentals are quieter but probably dont perform as well.
If you want quiet tires that still offer great handling get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

1macuzer

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Some of the best tires I've ever had on a car are the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. It's a high performance all season tire. Great in the Dry, Wet and Snow. Hence the DWS. 50k tread life warranty too. Great tire!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Some of the best tires I've ever had on a car are the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. It's a high performance all season tire. Great in the Dry, Wet and Snow. Hence the DWS. 50k tread life warranty too. Great tire!
I agree they are great tires, had them on my 3-series.

1macuzer

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I agree they are great tires, had them on my 3-series.
#same
Drove in the rain like it was a dry surface. Snow performance was good too. Not that a Floridian has to worry about that scenario much. ;)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
i was going to call the dealership today and ask them wheni should rotate the tires. have almost 5k miles on the oem's

edit: dealer says tire rotation at 5-6k and oil change at 3k

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I was thinking of trying the Nitto INVO or NT05. One of my bro in laws had the NT05 on his 1 series and said they were great. I love the Michelins grip but man have they gotten loud

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
i was going to call the dealership today and ask them wheni should rotate the tires. have almost 5k miles on the oem's

edit: dealer says tire rotation at 5-6k and oil change at 3k
We change oil at 5K and rotate at 10K.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
We change oil at 5K and rotate at 10K.
Tire rotation is only for the AWD versions correct? Not the staggered setup. I know the staggered can't be rotated, just confirming that we're talking about the AWD cars

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Tire rotation is only for the AWD versions correct? Not the staggered setup. I know the staggered can't be rotated, just confirming that we're talking about the AWD cars
Only on the ones with 18".

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Only on the ones with 18".
No Sirs, you NEED to rotate tires on both RWD or AWD and both the uniform 18's or the staggered 19's.

For the AWD or RWD part, there's no difference. The difference comes in depending on being 18" or 19" wheels.

All 18" wheels on the Stinger, regardless of drive train, will have UNIFORM tire size and allow a TRUE orbital rotation. All 19" wheels on the Stinger WILL BE the staggered setup from the factory and, as such, should have a LATERAL rotation from side to side only.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
No Sirs, you NEED to rotate tires on both RWD or AWD and both the uniform 18's or the staggered 19's.

For the AWD or RWD part, there's no difference. The difference comes in depending on being 18" or 19" wheels.

All 18" wheels on the Stinger, regardless of drive train, will have UNIFORM tire size and allow a TRUE orbital rotation. All 19" wheels on the Stinger WILL BE the staggered setup from the factory and, as such, should have a LATERAL rotation from side to side only.
Oh. You know what I was thinking, that since it was a staggered setup that the tires were directional, not asymmetrical. I didn't even stop to look at the tires. The last few sets of tires I had on my Mustang were directional, so I guess I assumed