Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Can an aftermarket exhaust free up THIS much HP?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
If these numbers are accurate, the GT and 2.0 must have seriously restricted exhausts:

Attachments

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
That exhaust system looks so heavy, I wonder if a more minimal system would be lighter as well as less restrictive.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
It is a dual exhaust so it is gonna be big, I just hope it is lighter than stock, not mentioning the weight probably means it is not. I like the EVC type, nice power gain with the open valve and you get the best of both worlds.

Would be nice to find out the weight & piping diameter, also when a downpipes will be available like a full turbo-back.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
You guys know if that is the exhaust valve?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm guessing the power gains are from the exhaust system and a mild tune.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I'd love to see how much horsepower we can get from a less restrictive exhaust, downpipe and tune. Honestly I would be very happy to have around 400whp as a daily.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Update, the JUN B.L. EVC (bi-mode) exhaust will have a switch that you have to fix somewhere to switch from one mode to the other. I found that a little disappointing as most after market bi-mode exhausts now feature a bluetooth connection and an APP were you can connect and switch mods, I personally do not want to drill a hole in the interior of my new car.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Is it just me, or does the new exhaust sound tinny? Hoping for a deeper growl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk