Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Looking for 500 whp

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
If I posted this in the wrong spot I?m sorry!

Just purchased a 18? GT2 AWD last night. I always get the mod itch quick! Never had turbos or Kia before. Looking for the best route to get 500+WHP reliably and still feel safe. This is my wife?s DD... I already have my toys

What do y?all suggest? Any e85 conversion?
Down pipe and CAI of course!
What?s a nice BOV to get?
Who to tune it in the DFW (Texas) area?
And what else to add?

What NOT to add?

IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_0382.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #2
Oh and of course I want to do the rebadging... eBay best place for that or where?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
check the current topics for the re-badge. A couple folks here have done the leg work for us and posted the info.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Lap 3 or JB4 make good piggybacks, you don't have to take it to any shops.

What power are you making on the SS?

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
Welcome bro, you in the DFW area?

That should get you about 450whp, don't forget exhaust too. That's one the big bottlenecks on the Stinger.

Greddy makes a really nice BOV set https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/1209-Greddy-Korea-intakes-and-BOV-for-the-2-0T-and-3-3T-Stingers
Yeah man, I?m in the DFW, just north of Dallas, bought the car in Plano.

450 whp... with or without the exhaust don?t have any experience with v6 exhausts, wife doesn?t want it to sound like a ricer, she likes the v8 sound deeper sound... what exhaust would be a deeper tone than the others and with no annoying in cab resonating sound?

Dang $300 each BOV... new to turbos, so idk if that?s a standard price for them?

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Lap 3 or JB4 make good piggybacks, you don't have to take it to any shops.

What power are you making on the SS?
Would a dyno tune not be able to get a better exact tune for the car vs a piggy back?

SS is over 800 rwhp, currently at the shop getting some pistons and heads repaired.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Contact Tork Motorsports at damnfastdd.com
His ecu tune is the best way to get there reliably
Check him out on YouTube

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Would a dyno tune not be able to get a better exact tune for the car vs a piggy back?

SS is over 800 rwhp, currently at the shop getting some pistons and heads repaired.

There's not much custom tuning options for the Stinger, mainly piggybacks.

Like [MENTION=1468]CKeeler[/MENTION] suggested Tork Motorsports does do ECU tunes

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
Contact Tork Motorsports at damnfastdd.com
His ecu tune is the best way to get there reliably
Check him out on YouTube
Ok I?ll check them out once my parts start to arrive.

CAI won?t need a tune at first right?
BOV?
Downpipe?

My CAI will arrive in Jan. 2019 I haven?t seen anyone mention these on here yet? But again I haven?t dug deep either.

Downpipes will arrive sooner but will probably wait to put those on if I need a tune to run them, want to get all ?need tune? parts on at once so only have to tune it once.

Full badge swap outs are all ordered, couldn?t find the link that someone mentioned above so I eBay all the parts for the swap

Also if anyone has a good e85 thread for the stinger if you could share it, Idk why but my searches don?t ever bring up the right threads when I search.

Also any good exhaust threads with comparisons or anyone video clips of exhaust would be helpful in pulling the trigger on those too.

Same with BOV just so I have options to choose from, found a nice single tial BOV online but idk if I should go single or dual BOV?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
Depends on which tuner you use. If you go with JB4, you can make adjustments as you go and even go up to E30 fuel. If you go with a flash tune, then you'll want all the bolt ons done first. Single or dual BOV won't matter as long as it was designed for the stinger. A single tial with a correct spring will work just as well as dual agency power with correct springs for instance.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations [MENTION=1811]joshb0718[/MENTION].

That is a great list of mods.

You will not need to retune the car for the each mod, you can install them all and then go get the car tuned.
Also currently the JB4 is the best way to get close to your power goal safely. They also offer the ability to run a mixture of E85 and pump gas, as well as WMI. They are always releasing new firmware updates and enabling more features for the 3.3TT
The unit is upgradable, meaning that you can have the JB4 tuned to your specific needs and mods. It is just a matter of sending in the log files and they will optimize the tune for your car.

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Any way to efficiently run e85 and not just a blend?
I have bigger injectors sitting in my garage and upgrade the fuel pump?

What is a WMI? And the J4 would be better than a dyno tune at a confident shop?

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
Depends on which tuner you use. If you go with JB4, you can make adjustments as you go and even go up to E30 fuel. If you go with a flash tune, then you'll want all the bolt ons done first. Single or dual BOV won't matter as long as it was designed for the stinger. A single tial with a correct spring will work just as well as dual agency power with correct springs for instance.
Would a dual BOV give a better sound than a single tial? We test drove one with 2 BOV and my wife liked the sound of it being so pronounced

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
No way to run straight E85 right now. We're running into low fuel pressure issues as we go up. WMI = Water/Methanol Injection.

Right now flash tuning is at the very early stages of development. Maybe in a couple years it'll be the way to go, but definitely not yet.

Each BOV will have a slightly different sound, so it's just preference. No real performance gain to be had until you're hitting really high boost levels at least.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Any way to efficiently run e85 and not just a blend?
I have bigger injectors sitting in my garage and upgrade the fuel pump?

What is a WMI? And the J4 would be better than a dyno tune at a confident shop?

You will need a fuel mixture sensor in order to run E85 only and of course a tune.

We actually have not found the limits of the factory pumps and injectors (yes, pumps, these cars come equipped with two pump a low pressure in tank and a high pressure located in the engine bay) which makes the upgrading part more involved than in your G8.

The guys at BMS are working on developing a flex fuel option for the Stinger, no telling on when it will be released tho.

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #17
You will need a fuel mixture sensor in order to run E85 only and of course a tune.

We will actually have not found the limits of the factory pumps and injectors (yes, pumps, these cars come equipped with two pump a low pressure in tank and a high pressure located in the engine bay) which makes the upgrading part more involved than in your G8.

The guys at BMS are working on developing a flex fuel option for the Stinger, no telling on when it will be released tho.
Yeah of course need the sensor, I was one of the first SS ( no g8) that went flex fuel with custom wiring and sensors before a plug and play kit was available. I don?t think I would spend the money on a e30 mixture, I?d want to get more info on the possibility of e85. Headed up to a local shop now to see what they say, they usually don?t do kias but said they will pull the tables and do some digging for me. I might just test out some options on our stinger *

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey there [MENTION=1811]joshb0718[/MENTION], it's a pleasure to have ya here! Sounds like you've got all of the drive and financing necessary to waste a TON of dough on a great car! LOL

So, when it comes to exhaust, there's about 20 different systems out there. I personally feel that THIS system by BAQ is bar none the best system I have heard! It's stainless and dual mode and gives the car the "mean" growl I want without the ridiculous sound of a ricer import or without crazy drone.

Check it out!

OP
J
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #19
Hey there [MENTION=1811]joshb0718[/MENTION], it's a pleasure to have ya here! Sounds like you've got all of the drive and financing necessary to waste a TON of dough on a great car! LOL

So, when it comes to exhaust, there's about 20 different systems out there. I personally feel that THIS system by BAQ is bar none the best system I have heard! It's stainless and dual mode and gives the car the "mean" growl I want without the ridiculous sound of a ricer import or without crazy drone.

Check it out!
Hell yeah, life's too short to live stock! Lol I can't remember the last nice car I didn't customize! Picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and customized it like crazy too. I'll check that out thanks! Car and truck photo -

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Ok I?ll check them out once my parts start to arrive.

CAI won?t need a tune at first right?
BOV?
Downpipe?

My CAI will arrive in Jan. 2019 I haven?t seen anyone mention these on here yet? But again I haven?t dug deep either.

Downpipes will arrive sooner but will probably wait to put those on if I need a tune to run them, want to get all ?need tune? parts on at once so only have to tune it once.

Full badge swap outs are all ordered, couldn?t find the link that someone mentioned above so I eBay all the parts for the swap

Also if anyone has a good e85 thread for the stinger if you could share it, Idk why but my searches don?t ever bring up the right threads when I search.

Also any good exhaust threads with comparisons or anyone video clips of exhaust would be helpful in pulling the trigger on those too.

Same with BOV just so I have options to choose from, found a nice single tial BOV online but idk if I should go single or dual BOV?

What did you decide to do for your intake? I personally wouldn't do the one you showed here as you would have to drop the front bumper to service the filters.