Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Staff Team 407 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    That came out great @STINGER. How is it compared to the factory brakes?

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks sharp! Nice job.
    Organised Chaos

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Country
    Bahrain
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by robz32 View Post
    That came out great @STINGER. How is it compared to the factory brakes?
    It feels very OEM, doesn't make any noises and is not grabby, if somebody with a Stinger drives it he will not know it has upgraded brakes, maybe the pedal is slightly heavier but I honestly don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me. I haven't put the brakes through its paces yet, but I bedded in the pads and did a few high speed tests, basically it just stops, no vibration, hesitation or anything.

I am sure I would have been happy with upgraded rotors and pads on the OEM brakes, but with the bigger wheels I wanted bigger brakes for the looks department and to upgrade the OEM rotors and pads I will pay $2.5K, so $4.1K for an all out BBK sounded like a very good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty1 View Post
    Looks sharp! Nice job.
    Thanks
    Deep Chroma Blue GT2 RWD
    Motor: JB4 - HKS M40iL - BMS Intake & TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe & EVC Cat-back - Radium OCC x2
    Exterior: Maxton V2 Lip & Side Skirts - Interior: Aluminum Shifter Extension
    Suspension: Neotech LS - Brakes: Neotech 6p Front 380x34 - 4p Rear 370x28
    Wheels: ACE Alloy AFF02 Black Chrome - Front 20x9 +32 - Rear 20x10.5 +50
    Tires: Firehawk Indy 500 - Front 255/35/20 - Rear 295/30/20

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    @STINGER. My compliments. That's a spectacular ride. I'm interested in the brakes. I'll look into them now. In the meantime, I'm still using the stock shocks with a set of Eibach's. They work great now that 1 - The new software was downloaded to my car on October 15 improving the car I received in November 2017 in a number of ways. And 2 - I installed a solenoid make or break switch to default the suspension to full stiff. And it's STIFF! No need for shocks/structs any more.
    Thanks for doing the early adopter work on the brakes!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0434-20190101-225045415.jpg  

IMAG0435-20190101-225044760.jpg  

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    Country
    Bahrain
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    @STINGER. My compliments. That's a spectacular ride. I'm interested in the brakes. I'll look into them now. In the meantime, I'm still using the stock shocks with a set of Eibach's. They work great now that 1 - The new software was downloaded to my car on October 15 improving the car I received in November 2017 in a number of ways. And 2 - I installed a solenoid make or break switch to default the suspension to full stiff. And it's STIFF! No need for shocks/structs any more.
    Thanks for doing the early adopter work on the brakes!!
    Thanks. Interesting idea you have there with the break switch, you should do a write up maybe some people would like to do the same.

Now that I have driven with my new brakes for a while I can say they are awesome . Even after I bedded them it kept on getting better and better for like a week, maybe I wasn't hard enough in the bedding. Anyways, I highly recommend them they are very good, I braked really hard several times from above 100mph and it just stops. Because they brake so well, you can control the brake even when hard braking, I dont know if I am explaining this correctly, but with the stock brakes if you brake hard it will stop (with vibration) but you cannot control how hard, its either very hard or mildly hard. With these brakes even when hard braking during turns for example you can control how hard you stop very easily and confidently.

Whats good also is the dust is less and they don't make any noise.
    Deep Chroma Blue GT2 RWD
    Motor: JB4 - HKS M40iL - BMS Intake & TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe & EVC Cat-back - Radium OCC x2

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That's great to hear @STINGER. The technical term for what you are describing is 'modulation'. Modulating is how well you can control the finer (smaller) inputs and outputs of an analog system. Digitally it can be compared with resolution. :-)

Medals
    Country
    Bahrain
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    That's great to hear @STINGER. The technical term for what you are describing is 'modulation'. Modulating is how well you can control the finer (smaller) inputs and outputs of an analog system. Digitally it can be compared with resolution. :-)
    Thanks for the input
    Deep Chroma Blue GT2 RWD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast