Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Installed - Neotech Coilovers and BBK

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Coilovers - Only coilovers as fas as I know that come with NVH upper camber plates to help in noise reduction and vibration. Fully height adjustable with 12 level spring damping and 9k front & 10k rear spring rates. On the softest setting both front and rear the ride is still comfortable, front is slightly stiffer than Eibach and the rear is slightly softer but the response is very good especially on bumpy surfaces while turning, feels very planted. Comes with canceller and strut thickness both for the front and rear is thicker than the OEM, due to this my front 20x9 +37 was touching the strut, added 5mm spacer so my final offset is 20x9 +32. It is still very close to the strut so I actually do not recommend to go more than 20x8.5 for the front if you are planning to go with this coilovers.

BBK - 6 piston 380x34 front, 4 piston 370x28 rear, both 2 piece with aluminum hat. I cannot express how much better this performs over the stock Brembo brakes, not a single vibration or noise even from very high speeds (100mph+). Feels super secure and adds a lot more confidence when driving. Caliper and aluminum hat color was custom and required some additional time to be arranged but well worth the wait.

The below weight comparison is including the required dog bones for the calipers,

Front Calipers - OEM 5.5 kg - Neotech 7.9 kg
Rear Calipers - OEM 3.1 kg - Neotech 3.9 kg
Total - OEM 8.6 kg - Neotech 11.8 kg

Front Rotors - OEM 11.4 - Neotech 11.3
Rear Rotors - OEM 9.2 - Neotech 9.4
Total - OEM 20.6 - Neotech 20.7

Considering the rotor size and thickness difference the added rotational mass is almost nothing (0.1kg), thanks to the aluminum hats for that. The added caliper weight is as expected as the material is the same but the caliper and pads are significantly bigger, plus the dog bones are very heavy.

Highly recommend Neotech, very good quality and service.

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
That turned out great.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
legit

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
How low do you have it currently sitting? Looks perfect.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Good god those brakes are massive.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #6
Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That came out great [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. How is it compared to the factory brakes?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Snow White KIA Stinger GT2 RWD
Looks sharp! Nice job.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #10
[rofl]

That came out great [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. How is it compared to the factory brakes?
It feels very OEM, doesn't make any noises and is not grabby, if somebody with a Stinger drives it he will not know it has upgraded brakes, maybe the pedal is slightly heavier but I honestly don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me. I haven't put the brakes through its paces yet, but I bedded in the pads and did a few high speed tests, basically it just stops, no vibration, hesitation or anything.

I am sure I would have been happy with upgraded rotors and pads on the OEM brakes, but with the bigger wheels I wanted bigger brakes for the looks department and to upgrade the OEM rotors and pads I will pay $2.5K, so $4.1K for an all out BBK sounded like a very good deal to me.

Looks sharp! Nice job.
Thanks [biggrin]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. My compliments. That's a spectacular ride. I'm interested in the brakes. I'll look into them now. In the meantime, I'm still using the stock shocks with a set of Eibach's. They work great now that 1 - The new software was downloaded to my car on October 15 improving the car I received in November 2017 in a number of ways. And 2 - I installed a solenoid make or break switch to default the suspension to full stiff. And it's STIFF! No need for shocks/structs any more.
Thanks for doing the early adopter work on the brakes!!

Attachments

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #12
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. My compliments. That's a spectacular ride. I'm interested in the brakes. I'll look into them now. In the meantime, I'm still using the stock shocks with a set of Eibach's. They work great now that 1 - The new software was downloaded to my car on October 15 improving the car I received in November 2017 in a number of ways. And 2 - I installed a solenoid make or break switch to default the suspension to full stiff. And it's STIFF! No need for shocks/structs any more.
Thanks. Interesting idea you have there with the break switch, you should do a write up maybe some people would like to do the same.

Now that I have driven with my new brakes for a while I can say they are awesome [thumb]. Even after I bedded them it kept on getting better and better for like a week, maybe I wasn't hard enough in the bedding. Anyways, I highly recommend them they are very good, I braked really hard several times from above 100mph and it just stops. Because they brake so well, you can control the brake even when hard braking, I dont know if I am explaining this correctly, but with the stock brakes if you brake hard it will stop (with vibration) but you cannot control how hard, its either very hard or mildly hard. With these brakes even when hard braking during turns for example you can control how hard you stop very easily and confidently.

Whats good also is the dust is less and they don't make any noise.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
That's great to hear [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. The technical term for what you are describing is 'modulation'. Modulating is how well you can control the finer (smaller) inputs and outputs of an analog system. Digitally it can be compared with resolution. :)

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #14
That's great to hear [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]. The technical term for what you are describing is 'modulation'. Modulating is how well you can control the finer (smaller) inputs and outputs of an analog system. Digitally it can be compared with resolution. :)
Thanks for the input [^]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] how are the new brakes any updates?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
How did you wire that? Can you explain how it works?

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #17
[MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] how are the new brakes any updates?
They are excellent, other than how good they work the look is just killer, everybody complements the brakes.

They make a slight noise when very cold, like after its been parked overnight for example, but that will last maybe 2min of driving until they warm up and it will go.

If there is anything in particular you want to know, let me know.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
They are excellent, other than how good they work the look is just killer, everybody complements the brakes.

They make a slight noise when very cold, like after its been parked overnight for example, but that will last maybe 2min of driving until they warm up and it will go.

If there is anything in particular you want to know, let me know.
Have you been able to use them on the tracks? I'm curious how they are with brake fading.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Can't believe I miss this thread, looks incredible [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
The stance of your car looks great and those brake really draw your eyes to the car.