Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

20 staggered setup on a GT2 RWD

Okierican

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Looking into doing a 20x8.5 / 20x9 setup on my car. By measuring the stock 19? offset, the distance from the top of the front wheel to the edge of the fender is 12mm and in the rear is 18mm. Assuming I measured that correctly, going with a +35 offset in the front it would put the wheel 1mm inside the fender and a +30 in the rear would put the edge of the wheel 2mm inside the fender.

Is anyone running this setup? Just trying to verify my math lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
O

Okierican

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #2
Btw, this is assuming the stock 19? have a +40 offset

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Focus ST(Stinger GT1 soon)
[MENTION=850]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] has said the stock 19's are 19x8 et34 and 19x8.5 et46, but if you are getting 12mm and 18mm then that may be wrong actually as your measurements line up with the offset being 40.... Which makes things more confusing again because I have seen both back and forth mentioned on the forums. Ex. if a 20x10 et40 is flush with the rear fender and you assume an 18mm gap for the stock 19x8.5 et(40 or 46) if you wanted to make those flush the offset would need to be either et22(for et40) or et28(for et46) the et22 is 1mm more inboard than the 20x10 but the et28 is 7mm inboard, which would lead to 40 being correct. So unless you are somehow off by 7mm in your measurement, et40 should be the stock offset.

For the front I can't say anything with as much confidence as I don't know the fitment that is flush but even assuming a 20x9 et37(which has been shown to be pretty good fitment) then if the offset is et40 he would be poking from the fender about 4mm but at et34 he would be tucked in about 2mm, so in the front it is more likely that the offset is et34 than et40.

Your wheels will fit nicely, though a tad too skinny for my liking. :p

OP
O

Okierican

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #4
[MENTION=850]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] has said the stock 19's are 19x8 et34 and 19x8.5 et46, but if you are getting 12mm and 18mm then that may be wrong actually as your measurements line up with the offset being 40.... Which makes things more confusing again because I have seen both back and forth mentioned on the forums. Ex. if a 20x10 et40 is flush with the rear fender and you assume an 18mm gap for the stock 19x8.5 et(40 or 46) if you wanted to make those flush the offset would need to be either et22(for et40) or et28(for et46) the et22 is 1mm more inboard than the 20x10 but the et28 is 7mm inboard, which would lead to 40 being correct. So unless you are somehow off by 7mm in your measurement, et40 should be the stock offset.

For the front I can't say anything with as much confidence as I don't know the fitment that is flush but even assuming a 20x9 et37(which has been shown to be pretty good fitment) then if the offset is et40 he would be poking from the fender about 4mm but at et34 he would be tucked in about 2mm, so in the front it is more likely that the offset is et34 than et40.

Your wheels will fit nicely, though a tad too skinny for my liking. :p
The whole OEM info is as sketchy as it could get lol. I?m just going to pull my wheels and see if there?s a stamp. If not, then get the offset measurements myself and go from there.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Focus ST(Stinger GT1 soon)
The whole OEM info is as sketchy as it could get lol. I'm just going to pull my wheels and see if there's a stamp. If not, then get the offset measurements myself and go from there.

Yep just remember to measure the full width of the wheel not just use the 8in or 8.5in widths to get the offset because the backspacing includes part of the wheel that is not included in the 8/8.5in measurements(the outside lips add quite a bit to a wheel, about 1in total depending on wheel). Once you do that please post back with what you got, I think we may be able to finally nail this down at least for those of us who see this and have done the math.