Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

GT AWD acceleration video

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
We've seen GT acceleration runs, but this one has a twist; the driver did two runs to 100, with artificial engine sound on (enhanced, through speakers) and then off (or, minimized):

[video=youtube_share;uvIlbociTC8]https://youtu.be/uvIlbociTC8[/video]

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Still sounded great without the artificial sound lol.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Agreed even without the enhancers the car still sounds great.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Exactly, it sounds so good I wonder why they bothered.

It's funny though, that engine is just so relaxed and stress-free that it doesn't seem like it's hitting 60 in under 5 secs, or 100 under 11.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
When you have two turbos that run a relatively low boost setup, it'll be effortless. The 3.3 without the twins produces 290hp in Santa Fe application. Two turbos producing an extra 75 hp is, in my opinion, very restricted. It makes sense why it would be that way for reliability reasons, warranty coverages, and so forth. It has plenty more "go" in it.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Interesting, I didn't realize the Santa Fe had a v6 setup. If we end up liking the Kia, we may take a look at the Santa Fe to replace our aging SUV as well.

When you have two turbos that run a relatively low boost setup, it'll be effortless. The 3.3 without the twins produces 290hp in Santa Fe application. Two turbos producing an extra 75 hp is, in my opinion, very restricted. It makes sense why it would be that way for reliability reasons, warranty coverages, and so forth. It has plenty more "go" in it.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Interesting, I didn't realize the Santa Fe had a v6 setup. If we end up liking the Kia, we may take a look at the Santa Fe to replace our aging SUV as well.
The larger, 7 seat Santa Fe uses the 3.3l V6; the smaller Santa Fe Sport carries 4 cylinders. I'll never understand why they didn't just keep calling it what it technically is, the Vera Cruz.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Unless you get the top trim level of the Santa Fe, I would pass. the 4 cyl gets tired easily and they have acres of plastic and cheap feeling finishes. I drive at least 4 a day at my second job. Top trims might be worth it but I wouldn't buy new. Used prices for Kia's/Hyundai's are very competitive, maybe too competitive.