Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hows this offer?

tbalonick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Forte
Heres the offer:
2018 Black GT - Base Model
$410 a month for a 36 Month lease - $0 out of pocket/3k Equity on trade
10k mile limit
I cant recall the total buyout amount but I think it was in the ballpark of $30-31k
(Ive got an 800 credit score if that matters)

I just got through with sales and backed out of the offer as the nerves got the best of me. (I feel like the worst person doing this) Its not all the features I was looking for and black is probably my least favorite color.

So they gave me a few days to think it over. What do you all think, is this offer about as good as it gets for a base GT? Should I go back and grovel for it? Or should I hold out since the 19's seem to have more features and the 20's might even be better?

Thanks in advance for looking this over guys!

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
If I have this calculated right, $410x36=$14,760. $14,760+$30,000 buyout = $44,760 price of car. That's a terrible deal for a 2018. Have you looked at this? https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/1987-Lease-Buyout-How-to-get-the-best-deal-on-a-Kia-Stinger!

Heres the offer:
10k mile limit
I cant recall the total buyout amount but I think it was in the ballpark of $30-31k

I just got through with sales and backed out of the offer as the nerves got the best of me. (I feel like the worst person doing this) Its not all the features I was looking for and black is probably my least favorite color.

So they gave me a few days to think it over. What do you all think, is this offer about as good as it gets for a base GT? Should I go back and grovel for it? Or should I hold out since the 19's seem to have more features and the 20's might even be better?

OP
T

tbalonick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Forte
Thread Starter #3
Sorry the way I worded that was misleading, the buyout at the end of the lease term was estimated at $19,100. But I had them run the price if I did the buyout in a month or so after leasing like the link you posted suggested and the total buyout amount was like 30k and some change.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Sorry the way I worded that was misleading, the buyout at the end of the lease term was estimated at $19,100. But I had them run the price if I did the buyout in a month or so after leasing like the link you posted suggested and the total buyout amount was like 30k and some change.
What's the sell price and did you factor in the KMF incentives? Per this thread lease cash is $3800 https://www.kiastinger.org/threads/2477-November-2018-Stinger-Finance-Lease-programs

OP
T

tbalonick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Forte
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
OP
T

tbalonick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Forte
Thread Starter #7
And what's the MSRP?
$39,395

I just feel like for a base GT thats previous model year they can work it lower with the 3k down too. I could be wrong but...

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm in the valley too, what dealer are you working with? Try Tempe or Peoria KIA

Heres the offer:
10k mile limit

OP
T

tbalonick

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
Forte
Thread Starter #10
I'm in the valley too, what dealer are you working with? Try Tempe or Peoria KIA
Ive looked at a few dealers. Unfortunately Horne Kia is the only dealer with 2018 GT's of any kind left. I think Peoria has 1 2018 GT left. My thoughts are since Horne has 8 2018 GT's left they should've been a little more generous with the discounts.

I've purchased from Horne before but the experience this time wast the best. I'd go back and see if they'll do better but I think they're still a bit salty about me walking out just before financing.