Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Motor Trends Best Drivers cars

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Hello all,

So over this weekend MT did the best drivers car for 18. Pretty nice cars asked to enter this year including our Stinger. Didn't do to bad either based on the group of vehicles. Kia pulled out a 9th spot over the Audi TT, Mustang GT and the Corvette ZR1.

Your thoughts??

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Hello all,

So over this weekend MT did the best drivers car for 18. Pretty nice cars asked to enter this year including our Stinger. Didn't do to bad either based on the group of vehicles. Kia pulled out a 9th spot over the Audi TT, Mustang GT and the Corvette ZR1.

Your thoughts??
I read the same article https://www.motortrend.com/news/kia-stinger-gt-2018-best-drivers-car-contender/

I thought overall the Kia Stinger did well. I wasn't surprised they complained about the overly soft springs.

OP
C
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #3
Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I agree with you guys, the Stinger needs stiffer springs.

OP
C
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #5
What if...and I am really guessing here.....stiffer sway bar outback (I know sway is for the side to side)...would the back end settle down or just a better spring and dampener set up?? Just spit ballin here. I have thought about finding a stiffer sway bar for the rear.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What if...and I am really guessing here.....stiffer sway bar outback (I know sway is for the side to side)...would the back end settle down or just a better spring and dampener set up?? Just spit ballin here. I have thought about finding a stiffer sway bar for the rear.
From what I've read on here, installing a set of Eibach lowering springs will add some stiffness. The other option is to go full on coilvers.

OP
C
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #7
Hate to see the price on a set of coilovers, especially as new as our cars are to the market

wozzy

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
OP
C
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Thread Starter #9
ouch, I must be to cheap I am still afraid to pull the trigger on the oil catch can lol