Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

295's Insalled - ACE Alloy AFF02

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
Looks sick!! Congrats!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Looks sweet.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Wow looks awesome

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
I dont have any pics, but there is little space between the tire and rear strut left. I would be more worried that any wider and the tire would rub the inner wheel well liner. Also any wider and you will need to go with 11's width so that the tire doesn't bulge and getting the right offset so that it doesn't stick out will be very difficult, it will need to be +55 or more to match the +50 10.5's that I have.

Even with the same tire size, some brands will fit wider. At least we now know Firehawk Indy 500 will fit.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Focus ST(Stinger GT1 soon)
Even with the same tire size, some brands will fit wider. At least we now know Firehawk Indy 500 will fit.
Yeah that was were I was going with it, really want to know if a PS4S would fit seeing as it runs wider than the indy 500 by a smidge(0.4in more tread but same section width), or if a PSS could even fit(which has 0.9in more tread than the indy 500 and same section width). So knowing how much space is left will let people know if all 295's fit or only up to the indy 500s, which are are a mid width tire in 295/30, the P Zero is the narrow side and the PSS is the super wide(nearly a straight sidewall).

So [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] any measurement you can take of space left on the inside would help people with tire choice(people wanting 11's would benefit as well, but tire choice is more important first).

Reactions
City
Boston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Let us know how the Firehawk Indy wear. Might consider getting the same tires when I shop for wheels.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #29
Looks sick!! Congrats!
[like]

Yeah that was were I was going with it, really want to know if a PS4S would fit seeing as it runs wider than the indy 500 by a smidge(0.4in more tread but same section width), or if a PSS could even fit(which has 0.9in more tread than the indy 500 and same section width). So knowing how much space is left will let people know if all 295's fit or only up to the indy 500s, which are are a mid width tire in 295/30, the P Zero is the narrow side and the PSS is the super wide(nearly a straight sidewall).

So [MENTION=46]STINGER[/MENTION] any measurement you can take of space left on the inside would help people with tire choice(people wanting 11's would benefit as well, but tire choice is more important first).
The car is getting coilovers installed at the moment, I can measure once it is back but I am not sure it will be relevant as the strut wont be OEM anymore. However, I did take a quick video right after installing the wheels to check the clearance before driving it. I have no clue how to post a video, if somebody can assist on this I can send them the video.

Let us know how the Firehawk Indy wear. Might consider getting the same tires when I shop for wheels.
[thumb]

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
The car is getting coilovers installed at the moment, I can measure once it is back but I am not sure it will be relevant as the strut wont be OEM anymore. However, I did take a quick video right after installing the wheels to check the clearance before driving it. I have no clue how to post a video, if somebody can assist on this I can send them the video.
The easiest way is uploading the video to a video hosting site like youtube or vimeo, and then posting the link here.

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #31
The easiest way is uploading the video to a video hosting site like youtube or vimeo, and then posting the link here.
My first video [like]

https://youtu.be/swMx4l8KuoI

I took this video just to make sure there was enough clearance before driving after installing the wheels. I would say roughly there is 0.5 inch space left. I think the other brand 295's will fit, but putting 11's with 305 might be too tight and also might run the risk of touching the inner part of the wheel liner.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
does it feel slower with the bigger wheels[scratch]

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #34
does it feel slower with the bigger wheels[scratch]
Overall diameter isn't that much larger than stock because of the smaller tires.
Before buying this setup I checked the overall diameter increase with a couple online tire calculators and the difference was 3.49% bigger compared to OEM. I didn't expect that I would actually feel the difference because its 3.49% only, but you do. Effectively its like you increased your final drive, its noticeable in the lower gears. Lateral grip has increased a lot, overall traction improved. I use to spin through all of 2nd, now on a good surface I will break a little in 1st only. I think I gained whatever I lost from the tire diameter in the increased traction.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
about to go down, literally.

My pics are portrait, I dont know why it uploads it in landscape.
New brakes on all four wheels?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I guess you will not be having warped rotors with those[thumb]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Damn bro, I wish I had your spending budget haha.

about to go down, literally.

My pics are portrait, I dont know why it uploads it in landscape.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Focus ST(Stinger GT1 soon)
Damn there is quite a bit more room on the inside still! That video is perfect and very helpful.

I want those brakes...they look so good and how did you get them? I don't even see the stinger in there applications PDF, so...

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #40
New brakes on all four wheels?
Yup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqsd-hThvkE/

I guess you will not be having warped rotors with those[thumb]
I was looking for the first excuse to go BBK [chair]

Damn bro, I wish I had your spending budget haha.
The BBK and coilovers are $$$ for sure but hopefully are worth it, will do a separate review on them.

Damn there is quite a bit more room on the inside still! That video is perfect and very helpful.

I want those brakes...they look so good and how did you get them? I don't even see the stinger in there applications PDF, so...
Check there instagram page, they installed quite a few on Stingers and G70.

https://www.instagram.com/neotech_korea/

If you are looking for a BBK kit today you have two options, either Neotech or REBS and both are located in Korea. I opted for Neotech because they are the manufacturers and they manufacture for other companies as well (Ex. Shockworks) and they do quite a lot of racing and R&D. Both Neotech and REBS use CTS-V Brembo calipers, 6 piston in the front and 4 in the rear with custom made rotors, dog bones (adapter brackets) etc. Neotech also offers their own design calipers (using CTS-V size pads) and for a better price than the Brembos since they make them in-house, I opted for the Neotech 6p caliper in the front with Brembos in the back. The reason they stick with CTS-V size pads is because it keeps the option open for pad replacement, you basically can go with any aftermarket company like EBC, Hawk etc.

The biggest challenge buying from Korea is finding someone who speaks english, my dealer found that the owner is the only guy who speaks english and we did the purchase through him, very professional and nice guys.