Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Little help please??

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
So the new year is vastly approaching and I'm looking into BUYING (no typo) a 2019 stinger GT2 ceramic grey with red interior. I was wondering what's the best route to go. I have 50k cash. Should I just sign up for a lease and the. After 6 months just buy it out right or should I finance? Thanks for the advice and hope you all have a safe and happy holiday..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Definitely go for the lease buyout route. That way you can take advantage of the incentives.

OP
N
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Definitely go for the lease buyout route. That way you can take advantage of the incentives.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I just hope they have some good incentives new year. Plus the colour I want is ceramic grey with red interior..

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So the new year is vastly approaching and I'm looking into BUYING (no typo) a 2019 stinger GT2 ceramic grey with red interior. I was wondering what's the best route to go. I have 50k cash. Should I just sign up for a lease and the. After 6 months just buy it out right or should I finance? Thanks for the advice and hope you all have a safe and happy holiday..

Ditto.

BUT, do NOT wait 6 months to pay it off. Buy it out as soon as you get your paperwork. It should take about 3 weeks or so to arrive. Every month you wait costs you about $150 in interest charges.

Also, please make sure that you get a Kia odometer disclosure statement and send that in WITH your payoff check. This is required for them to transfer title to you. Do NOT check the boxes! LOL Only fill out yours and the cars information.

OP
N
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Ditto.

BUT, do NOT wait 6 months to pay it off. Buy it out as soon as you get your paperwork. It should take about 3 weeks or so to arrive. Every month you wait costs you about $150 in interest charges.

Also, please make sure that you get a Kia odometer disclosure statement and send that in WITH your payoff check. This is required for them to transfer title to you. Do NOT check the boxes! LOL Only fill out yours and the cars information.
Ok thanks I will keep that in mind. I figured wait 3-6 months to pay it off to boost my credit plus the depreciation value will also hit more in 3-6 months then 3 weeks. But what is the odometer paperwork your talking about? I have never leased a vehicle before I figure I do it this way to take advantage of the incentives.

avramd02

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Does anyone know the approximate cost (including tax) with the incentives?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Ok thanks I will keep that in mind. I figured wait 3-6 months to pay it off to boost my credit plus the depreciation value will also hit more in 3-6 months then 3 weeks. But what is the odometer paperwork your talking about? I have never leased a vehicle before I figure I do it this way to take advantage of the incentives.

You need to send in an odometer disclosure statement.

Odometer disclosure statement.jpg

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
so don't check the boxes labeled (1) or (2)?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
so don't check the boxes labeled (1) or (2)?
Bingo. LOL

If you check a box, they will throw it out and not tell you they did. Then they will sit on the title like a chicken on an egg and six months will go by and you'll be like.....? LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
what?....why? [scratch]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Because anytime a title transfer is processed, the law requires an odometer disclosure update for title records. Every car you've ever purchased has had to have an update of the odometer at the time of transfer.

So, without that form turned in with payment, they will sit on it and wait for proper documentation. Or, once the lease term expires, then they would probably push the title through at that point I imagine. LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Well color me stupid. I had not read completely what each box said (kind of blurry on the screenshot). [bash]

I now understand your point.

OP
N
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
I know about the odometer truth when title changes hands just never purchased a NEW car yet lol. This will be my first car I ever brought with less then 10k miles on it lol. I cant wait. I have been driving my wife crazy showing her all the performance mods and CF pieces to add.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Wow! Lot's of good info here! I too never bought/leased a new car so I will keep this in mind in the future. Thanks:)