Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Canadian Kia Stinger Recall Notice

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Transport Canada Recall # 2018598
Recall Date 2018/10/31
Notification Type Safety Mfr
System Electrical
Manufacturer Recall Number RC120
Units Affected The number of vehicles or components affected by the recall. 1,426
Category Car
Recall Details

On certain vehicles, the front wiring harness could come in contact with a sharp metal opening on the left inner fender and become damaged. This could result in an electrical short-circuit and create the risk of a fire causing injury and/or damage to property. Correction: Dealers will inspect the front wiring harness for damage. If no damage is found, the dealer will install a plug/cover to the opening on the left inner fender. If damage is found, the front wiring harness will be replaced and a plug/cover will be installed to cover the opening on the left inner fender.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thanks for posting this.

Reactions
City
Northern
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 GT2 AWD
I just received my US-version of this recall notice (NHTSA 18V-754), dated Dec 20, 2018.

I called my local dealer and scheduled a time for the initial inspection. The dealer admitted that I would be the Test Case (the first), and that they would need the car for 3 or 4 hours, as they were not certain what to do or how to do it (yet). The dealer stated that, depending upon what is discovered, I may have to bring the car back to install new parts.

All this is fine with me, as my GT is not my primary car.

Will post a followup in two weeks after inspection / repairs are completed.

Happy New Year [wrenchin]