Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Apple CarPlay Music Issue?

Moabal

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 and I noticed a few days ago a problem with music stopping while my iPhone is connected to CarPlay.

When I go in my car, I plug my iPhone to the USB Port and start playing music. A minute into driving the music stops playing while CarPlay is seemingly still connected (even if it shows it is ?playing? in CarPlay). I then remove the lightning cable and plug it back in and everything works again.

At first I thought it was the cable so I bought a new one. However, the same issue still persists. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the weather getting colder in Michigan but I am pretty dumbfounded on why this is happening.

If anyone has a similar issue let me know.

Thanks

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I haven?t had that identical issue, but I?ve had multiple related issues with my 2018 and CarPlay. I?ll caveat this first that I?m using Google Music, no Apple Music. The issues I have are as follows:
1. If I get a phone call, when I end the call, the music won?t restart. I have to manually restart it. This sometimes becomes more is a headache because of 2.
2. Google Music is often blank when I launch it. The only way to fix that is to stop Waze, unplug and replug, or use the phone to navigate to where I want in Google Music, which defeats the purpose of CarPlay.

I should add that I do not have any of these issues with Android Auto on the same car.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverny

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
This is the second Kia I've had and the both had issues with CarPlay. However, I'm pretty sure I know what it is.

Similar to Moabal, I'd plug it in and it would do what yours is doing, or it would never register at all with the car.

The solution? Crap in the connector. You can tell when it's a good connection as you feel a snap when connecting.

You can't just blow it out with canned air either, you have to get it out with a tool. Amazing how much a little lint can f things up. Seems to work for me at least. :)

I use an iPhone btw.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
I'm not sure if I missed something, but Waze started showing on the car screen when it didn't before. Not sure if it was related to some update. Have you guys encountered the same thing?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
You are correct. The most recent Apple update released it.