Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

"Part Time" AWD

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
So..... WOW. I just went and played figuring that if I broke something, I could always take it to my tech to ask for help. LOL

Answers: NO lite or code. pulled the fuse. Started the car. Warmed her up (it's 17 degrees here). Proceeded to be amazed!!!!

So, always stocking AWD's and owning one, I didn't realize how tough locking the tires up is for you Cali folk and Snow Birds!!! Even with the JB4, my AWD chirps just a hair on launch but bites and runs.

With this fuse out, she's 100% RWD. Zero action from the front end at all. This time, they spun in first and second and her butt was dancing like a dashboard hula dancer!!!! LMBO

I'm AMAZED at the difference this fuse makes!

I can't understand, at this point in the game, why ANYONE would buy a RWD Stinger???? Get the AWD and leave the fuse out until it's time to track it!

I'm giddy.....
Because RWD is lighter, simpler, and cheaper. Having a mechanical engineering background compounded with a significant tendency toward high-powered RWD cars make AWD cars unattractive to me.

In the case of two 4WD/AWD vehicles I'm familiar with, the cost of the hardware is $10/lb. The Stinger AWD system is even more expensive at about $15/lb. Add the higher initial purchase price, tax, maintenance cost, operational cost, and increased driveline drag and weight. There is also that most important aspect of keeping my driving skills sharper by driving something that's more difficult to master; respect it or it will bite you in the ass.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
So..... WOW. I just went and played figuring that if I broke something, I could always take it to my tech to ask for help. LOL

Answers: NO lite or code. pulled the fuse. Started the car. Warmed her up (it's 17 degrees here). Proceeded to be amazed!!!!

So, always stocking AWD's and owning one, I didn't realize how tough locking the tires up is for you Cali folk and Snow Birds!!! Even with the JB4, my AWD chirps just a hair on launch but bites and runs.

With this fuse out, she's 100% RWD. Zero action from the front end at all. This time, they spun in first and second and her butt was dancing like a dashboard hula dancer!!!! LMBO

I'm AMAZED at the difference this fuse makes!

I can't understand, at this point in the game, why ANYONE would buy a RWD Stinger???? Get the AWD and leave the fuse out until it's time to track it!

I'm giddy.....
If you're using the JB4 piggyback, you can lower the boost by gear to help minimize wheelspin, for better grip at launch and through the first few gears.

dlucks

Reactions
City
SOLDOTNA
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger gts orange crush
Hey I just bought a 19 gts, it just snowed and I have no awd aaahh
I noticed the fuse remover tool was in the center counsel. I've been trying to figure it out. I did find the fuse and it looked OK changed it with a spare still no awd-no lights on or anything. I'm suspecting the previous owner did this. Now I have no awd...any thoughts??