Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Auger Style exhaust silencer inserts

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
While I love the sound of my Ark Grip Exhaust the drone on the highway is a little much. I've sound deadened my trunk as far as I can go with it. I found some 3" auger style exhaust silencers that would fit in the straight runs from the axle back break point so very easy to install and pretty inexpensive for what they do. Has anyone every tried using these before? Is it going to ruin the sound at WOT?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Very interesting alternative.

Let us know if you decide to go this route.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Ive never seen that before, any website that explains how it works?

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
It baffles the airflow, plain and simple. The waves of sound and air pressure have to change so they can rotate their way out. Crazy disruptive. But if it's sound not airflow that's baffled, it would be cool.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
My buddy uses those from time to time on his sidepipes, depending on the current build. They do cut sound, but will hurt HP a bit.

OP
J
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
From what I've been reading even though it does effect airflow the back pressure it creates is minimal. I have a welder friend who has access to 304 stainless tubing and sheet steel so we are going to make or own that matches the material of the exhaust. I'll be making sure I have a way to remove these if they do block airflow but honestly they can't block it any worse than the stock exhaust. If it makes it sound terrible though, that will also be a reason to remove them. Once I get these installed I will let people know the results. If you are interested in more info, check out Amazon and read the reviews.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
My buddy uses those from time to time on his sidepipes, depending on the current build. They do cut sound, but will hurt HP a bit.
I was wondering if it would hurt the hp, thanks for this.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It baffles the airflow, plain and simple. The waves of sound and air pressure have to change so they can rotate their way out. Crazy disruptive. But if it's sound not airflow that's baffled, it would be cool.
Thanks Kazz

OP
J
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
I will only be able to go by my butt dyno but I'll let you know how it works. Perhaps having one or two coils could dial back the sound without creating as much obstruction. Will be an interesting experiment.