Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Any other owners notice front parking sensors not working unless you shift into rev. first?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Any other owners notice front parking sensors not working unless you shift into rev. first? I have noticed that after a ride when I return to my garage the front parking sensors don't function unless I shift into reverse and then back into to drive. then they work just fine ??? Is anybody else having this issue?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Nope. Mine work as their supposed to. They only work at low speed though.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Any other owners notice front parking sensors not working unless you shift into rev. first? I have noticed that after a ride when I return to my garage the front parking sensors don't function unless I shift into reverse and then back into to drive. then they work just fine ??? Is anybody else having this issue?
You have to drive up really slow, this is to prevent false alerts while you're driving.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
They work driving forwards too. You just need to press the button next to the Auto Start to enable them. You only need to do it once as the setting will be saved after you turn off your car.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
When nervous about where I'm pulling into, I'll hit the button on the console. I've not noticed otherwise.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Okay, so this system uses smart logic. It's like telling your pup to STAY and then forgetting about him and walking off. LOL

So, if at any point in time you hit the button to disengage the system when in DRIVE, the system will always stay off when in drive unless you either manually turn it back on OR go into reverse first.

The system will always engage in reverse unless you turn it off intentionally.