Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Drive mode

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Hello-

I'm new here and just got my Stinger GT2 a couple weeks ago. I have a question about the drive mode. Is there a way to change the default drive mode? It seems every time I get in the car it is set to comfort and i have to change it. Is there a way to make it stay in sport, Smart or one of the other modes or do I have to set it every time I start the car?

Thank you.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
i was wondering about this too, im sure its somewhere in the owners manual i just havent had time to read the damn thing

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Red
Hello-

I'm new here and just got my Stinger GT2 a couple weeks ago. I have a question about the drive mode. Is there a way to change the default drive mode? It seems every time I get in the car it is set to comfort and i have to change it. Is there a way to make it stay in sport, Smart or one of the other modes or do I have to set it every time I start the car?
Hello and welcome.

The short answer is no. The longer answer is the car remembers Comfort and Eco. Any other mode selection will revert to comfort at the next engine start.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Hello and welcome.

The short answer is no. The longer answer is the car remembers Comfort and Eco. Any other mode selection will revert to comfort at the next engine start.
^This is correct.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
As stated, no. But if you find a way, let us know! [;)]
Actually, I really don't mind it anymore - now that I've had the car about 6 months. It's best to let the engine/turbos, fluids, etc. come up to temperature anyway before you put it into Sport and hammer it down, so I run it for the first few minutes in Comfort. And, after a little while it becomes second nature to slide your hand down to the mode selector and to flick it to what mode you want.

OP
K
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I don't mind it too much - I was just wondering if I was missing something.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
[MENTION=980]GRStinger[/MENTION] is right and I think it's a wear and tear "safety cushion" to not allow it to remain in sport mode upon startup. I have a 2.0 awd and I notice the steering and dampers change when switching to sport mode. I call it bat out of hell mode, and use it on the highway or after a fight with the lady hahaha. ECO mode it's clear that it's 80% fwd to comfort's awd, to sport's 80% rwd. I don't ever use eco unless it's going up a hill as the fwd power shift pulls it up the hill better. We have in CT an old 2 lane narrow highway called the merrit parkway that runs parallel to 95, and many on ramps are stop signs because it's so narrow. So having a legal reason to merge from 0-60 on a highway has been really fun with sport mode. I legit got it 0-60 4-5 seconds a few times. I couldn't imagine what the v6 would be like.

OP
K
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #8
The v-6 is a LOT of FUN! [biggrin] and, I'm still in the break-in period.