Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 GT1 or 2019 GT?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
First post guys. I am due to take possession tomorrow of a USED 2018 GT1 with drivewise, but no LSD. The car has 9600 miles and I?m OTD tax/fees at 35,342.

But, I can also get a 2019 GT, for ~ 36,000 OTD. Only option is blind spot indicator.

I personally think think GT1 is the best option, but what are you guys? thoughts?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
First post guys. I am due to take possession tomorrow of a USED 2018 GT1 with drivewise, but no LSD. The car has 9600 miles and I?m OTD tax/fees at 35,342.

But, I can also get a 2019 GT, for ~ 36,000 OTD. Only option is blind spot indicator.

I personally think think GT1 is the best option, but what are you guys? thoughts?
Welcome! I'd go with the GT1 for more options. Since you're looking at the GT and GT1 you won't miss any of the new features like 360 camera or wireless charging found on the 2019 GT2.

OP
T
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Thread Starter #3
With the driver assist feature I do feel better about my wife driving it [hihi].

I feel like I got descent deal on the GT1 and get some bells and whistles. Thank you for the reply.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Go with the one with more features.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Great choice and congrats

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Is the used Stinger a Certified Pre Owned?

If not, be aware that the warranty cuts in half.

OP
T
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Thread Starter #7
Is the used Stinger a Certified Pre Owned?

If not, be aware that the warranty cuts in half.

No it is not certified, which I'm seeing 5yr/60k to the second owner correct?

Should I be concerned that it might not make it that long?

Also, it DOES NOT have the Drivewise package. They listed the car wrong. They dropped 500.00 more off after refusing delivery. So all fees and taxes OTD for 34,8xxx.

So I think for 2,800-3k less than the 19 GT, I think that was good deal.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Correct. 5/60 to the second owner.

Obviously there's no concern for that with them having a 10/100 from the factory. LOL

OP
T
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Thread Starter #9
That?s what I was hoping[thumb].

I feel like it was reasonable deal, taxes where ~1900.00 alone [crazyeye].