Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Lap 3 3.3T downpipes

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I believe that all of the dynos that I have ever seen only show about 15 wheel horsepower difference between a stock rear wheel drive and all wheel drive.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
I believe that all of the dynos that I have ever seen only show about 15 wheel horsepower difference between a stock rear wheel drive and all wheel drive.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
That is because most companies are doing dyno runs with the AWD fuse pulled and run RWD only.

Tork also runs Stingers with the AWD fuse pulled on their dyno.

This is one of old dyno results we had, when we ran all four wheels on the dyno.

This AWD baseline put down 292ps(288WHP) and 47.59kgm(344ft-lbs of torque), while RWD models make ~320-340 WHP.
AWD had about ~10% extra drivetrain loss than the RWD Stingers.

20841767_1969834743262487_4369726049058151322_n.jpg

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I currently run a Lap 3 and have SSR downpipes with 2nd cat deletes and Ark Grip exhaust along with K&N intakes and I have not once run into an issue with limp mode or over boost. Just leave the primary cats on and avoid all the headaches with codes and over boost. Car did gain power with down pipes even without tuning for it. I'm sure more power is on the table with a proper tune though. JB4 goes in tomorrow :)

Reactions
City
Haymarket
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
600WHP+ Kia Stinger
I currently run a Lap 3 and have SSR downpipes with 2nd cat deletes and Ark Grip exhaust along with K&N intakes and I have not once run into an issue with limp mode or over boost. Just leave the primary cats on and avoid all the headaches with codes and over boost. Car did gain power with down pipes even without tuning for it. I'm sure more power is on the table with a proper tune though. JB4 goes in tomorrow :)
SSR "downpipes" are actually midpipes. We aren't sure why bolt-on manufacturers are calling them downpipes, when it's not the pipes off the turbo housing. And yes, the midpipe or the secondary cat delete won't go into limp mode. But without opening the primary downpipe, there's no noticeable gain from having midpipes with secondary cat deletes past 400whp when you pair it with a tune or chip vs. stock midpipes with chip.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
That is because most companies are doing dyno runs with the AWD fuse pulled and run RWD only.

Tork also runs Stingers with the AWD fuse pulled on their dyno.

This is one of old dyno results we had, when we ran all four wheels on the dyno.

This AWD baseline put down 292ps(288WHP) and 47.59kgm(344ft-lbs of torque), while RWD models make ~320-340 WHP.
AWD had about ~10% extra drivetrain loss than the RWD Stingers.

View attachment 1646

wait a second!!! theres a fuse you can pull to make the car rwd????[deviltail]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's