Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

I4 vs V6

rdf5186

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
So after spending a few months reading researching and internet trolling I have decided on a Stinger.

It came down to a few different cars but I kept coming back to the Kia Stinger. It will probably be seeing about 100 miles a day in a commute.....

This brings me to my internal debate. Do I get the premium 4 or the base GT. Fuel costs are negligible 29vs25. Insurance is about the same. My main concern is are the options on the premium AWD that much better than the standard options in the GT AWD.

I am open to feedback from you all who own either.... I am leaning towards the GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Well, hello [MENTION=1544]rdf5186[/MENTION]! Thanks for joining the crowd! LOL

I'm a Kia salesman and have been for 17 years. I'm also one of the moderators here. Here's my two cents:

1) If you think that your going to ENJOY the TT3.3 and the power that comes with it, you'll never expect 25 on a regular basis. LOL I'm pretty conservative with my base GT AWD and I get 24-25 @ 73mph but in town I get around 17 because I love the acceleration.

2) There are a TON of features that come with the Premium! If you'r a bells and whistles sort of a person, then you will definitely regret not going with the Premium.

Here's a question for you. Do you prefer the Premium rims or the GT? How about your feelings on the red Brembo brake calipers?

OP
rdf5186

rdf5186

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Well, hello [MENTION=1544]rdf5186[/MENTION]! Thanks for joining the crowd! LOL

I'm a Kia salesman and have been for 17 years. I'm also one of the moderators here. Here's my two cents:

1) If you think that your going to ENJOY the TT3.3 and the power that comes with it, you'll never expect 25 on a regular basis. LOL I'm pretty conservative with my base GT AWD and I get 24-25 @ 73mph but in town I get around 17 because I love the acceleration.

2) There are a TON of features that come with the Premium! If you'r a bells and whistles sort of a person, then you will definitely regret not going with the Premium.

Here's a question for you. Do you prefer the Premium rims or the GT? How about your feelings on the red Brembo brake calipers?
Lol, big fan of the brembos and GT wheels.

I could live with the premium wheels, but I do like responsive braking.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Lol, big fan of the brembos and GT wheels.

I could live with the premium wheels, but I do like responsive braking.

Well, honestly, the brakes on the I4 aren't bad at all. I'm going to argue that most people are never going to push the Stinger to the point that the Brembo's become a performance gain. Mainly just looks.

OP
rdf5186

rdf5186

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Well, honestly, the brakes on the I4 aren't bad at all. I'm going to argue that most people are never going to push the Stinger to the point that the Brembo's become a performance gain. Mainly just looks.
Thanks for the insight. I?m hope to be in a new one in November!! I guess it will come down to price and incentives. Fingers crossed.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
I have almost 0 knowledge on the subject and I am a newb here. I made a road trip to north Texas from San Antonio (5hrs ish) and on the road my GT awd saw 30mpg goin up there in eco mode. I got about 17 / 29mpg comin back in comfort mode with the wife ( I did play around a little on the way home). I will say this thing is a lot more comfortable than I expected. I am not into alot of the tech stuff but I am really glad I picked the GT awd.Super comfortable. GL Hope you get the one you want.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Aloha! Without a doubt go with the base GT. You won't miss the extra features once you feel the power difference.[biggrin]

OP
rdf5186

rdf5186

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for all the input! GT AWD it is! Can?t wait to post a pic of my new car, as soon as I get it.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
get the GT. It's what makes a stinger a stinger