Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Running with Tork...

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Man, on the rare occasion when I had tuned a previous car, I found it worthwhile and cost effective because all you had to do is simply plug the $400 tuner into the OBD II Port, have a cup of coffee, and in 3 min you were done.

Now you have to run a maze of piggyback wires/plugs, secure the tuning box by wire tying into the engine compartment, change out the plugs, have extra ECU's driving the total cost to $1500-$2000, etc. I don't ever see me tuning this car. Nope.

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
I agree I also have a Fiesta ST you can just tune it with a cobb accessport that is the way to do it.
you have a handful of people you can buy good tunes from. Customize it anyway you want for a reasonable price, and you can monitor everything the car is doing.

But the Genesis / Kia 3.3 forget about it.

Two things I don't like about my Genesis.
1 lack of tuning options.
2 very little Cat-Back exhaust options. The Kia stinger gets way more options for that but g70 nope.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
Yeah, tough getting good exhaust sounds from anything less than a V8 (an SRT-4 I had was a notable exception, it's "no muffler" factory exhaust sounded great).

But as far as tuning goes, the whole piggyback/required plug change thing doesn't interest me. OBD II only tune would've been a different story ...