Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Parcel Shelf Rattle

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Red
On a Stinger GT2 (AWD), with less than 600 miles, when I go over a bump, I notice a rattle which might be coming from the parcel shelf.

Is anyone else experiencing the same rattle? If yes, how to prevent it?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
On a Stinger GT2 (AWD), with less than 600 miles, when I go over a bump, I notice a rattle which might be coming from the parcel shelf.

Yes all the time. I was thinking about getting some felt pads and seeing if I can get rid of it.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
This is the only complaint I have with mine. LOL I don't know if it's the shelf or the door. Pull the shelf out and see if the rattle persists.

OP
stingLikeAee
Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Red
Thread Starter #4
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Yes and its very annoying.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States

Did you get the bump stops replaced? I noticed mine doesn't rattle as much as it did before the bump stops were replaced under warranty.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I bought some felt pad sheets. Pulled off the bumpstops, traced the shape on the felt pad. Cut holes for the bolts and reassembled everything with the felt pads stuck to the bottom of the bumpstops. No noises whatsoever anymore. I did this after the TSB that worked only on small or rough roads but not on large bumps.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT AWD
I pulled mine off last week for some stuff from the store when I popped it back in it stopped making noise.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I bought some felt pad sheets. Pulled off the bumpstops, traced the shape on the felt pad. Cut holes for the bolts and reassembled everything with the felt pads stuck to the bottom of the bumpstops. No noises whatsoever anymore. I did this after the TSB that worked only on small or rough roads but not on large bumps.
What bumpers are you referring to? The ones on the door or on the parcel shelf?

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
What bumpers are you referring to? The ones on the door or on the parcel shelf?

Here?s a close up and you can see the felt pad I added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro