Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Fully loaded 2019 Kia Stinger vs 2019 Genesis G70, can't believe they are so close in pricing

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Just for kicks I built out a fully loaded G70 and fully loaded Stinger and the results are pretty crazy considering the G70 comes with more standard options.

Kia Stinger - $51,595

Genesis G70 - $52,555

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Smaller car for the same money as the bigger car with a few less features.... sounds like a reasonable trade.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Same dilemma here. Kia is a little bigger, G70 is same size as my 3 series. I think the big hurdle that will hurt Kia here is the ownership experience. The G70 is all valet service and it comes with 5 years maintenance included. All the go fast goodies for the Stinger will fit the G70 (even the intakes are the same). Glad I have the winter to think about it. Maybe by then some of the local 'Genesis' dealers will have G70's available.

OP
OilDripper
Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Thread Starter #4
Smaller car for the same money as the bigger car with a few less features.... sounds like a reasonable trade.
Very true

Same dilemma here. Kia is a little bigger, G70 is same size as my 3 series. I think the big hurdle that will hurt Kia here is the ownership experience. The G70 is all valet service and it comes with 5 years maintenance included. All the go fast goodies for the Stinger will fit the G70 (even the intakes are the same). Glad I have the winter to think about it. Maybe by then some of the local 'Genesis' dealers will have G70's available.
Do all the parts really fit?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Now add AWD to the Stinger and let's see that price comparison... The G70 you priced has AWD, it appears the Stinger you picked doesn't.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
The Stinger's better looks are, in my opinion, well worth whatever price difference there might be by adding AWD to it. ($1500-$2500 probably?).

Just my preference, tho. Some people will obviously think vice-versa. :)

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Now add AWD to the Stinger and let's see that price comparison... The G70 you priced has AWD, it appears the Stinger you picked doesn't.
I?ve priced them with AWD and they?re neck and neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I far prefer the Stinger?s GT characteristics being a bit more or a GT car, and I love the hatchback, but if I had to do it all over again, I?d go for the Genesis because of the ?dealer? experience now that I?ve experienced the Kia dealer experience. Course I haven?t test driven the G70 myself yet, and with the discounts that are apparently available for the Stinger now, either of those may change my mind.

But I have the Stinger now and am thrilled with it. I got it long before the G70 came out, and I believed there?s no way the two would land up being priced the same give or take when fully loaded. I was wrong. But I?m not exactly complaining. I love my Stinger.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Very true

Do all the parts really fit?
The engine bay appears to be identical. Obviously the exhausts will be different.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
The price similarity is surprising and disappointing as this will definitely reduce the Stinger sales.

I never considered the G70, to me the car look just ok, the Stinger however is drop dead gorgeous in my eyes and will take a very long time to look old, it is also definitely a head turner.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Another thing to consider will be the savings off of the vehicle. Kia is clearly stepping up on the discount's perspective. We don't know yet if Genesis will follow suit on the G70.

That could bring a difference between the two of $4-5,000 possibly.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Under the car is where the big difference lies. The G70 is a full wishbone suspension where the stinger is a strut. Also, because it is shorter and lighter, it will handle better than the stinger. Interior touches are a tick nicer on the G70, but that is certainly relative and splitting hairs at best. If I had to do it over again, I would certainly miss the hatchback, but the G70 is where I would put my money.

I would also be interested in hearing if the G70 has been governed down in 2019 like the Stinger has.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Under the car is where the big difference lies. The G70 is a full wishbone suspension where the stinger is a strut. Also, because it is shorter and lighter, it will handle better than the stinger. Interior touches are a tick nicer on the G70, but that is certainly relative and splitting hairs at best. If I had to do it over again, I would certainly miss the hatchback, but the G70 is where I would put my money.

I would also be interested in hearing if the G70 has been governed down in 2019 like the Stinger has.
I would imagine. The speed rating is based on the speed rating of the tire. That's why the 18" all season tires have the slower rating.

The rims on the G70 are the exact same size as the Stinger.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I love the Stinger. I love it I much I?m selling my 2018 to get a 2019. I just don?t know what the solution is for the HORRIBLE dealer experience.... Hey MurlinatoR Does Kia have any plans to solve this issue?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Hey Triumph,

I know what you mean - I've bought two Kias from a Kia dealership in my life - one was a TERRIBLE experience, the other was pretty good. It really seems hit and miss.

Do you live in an area where you can shop other Kia dealers?

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I love the Stinger. I love it I much I?m selling my 2018 to get a 2019. I just don?t know what the solution is for the HORRIBLE dealer experience.... Hey MurlinatoR Does Kia have any plans to solve this issue?

Just out of curiosity, what does the 2019 have that the 2018 doesn?t? I looked online on their site and couldn?t find any difference although I also couldn?t figure out how to get a decent summary of all the features after building out the car. I am not going to buy a 2019. Just curious, and I also love my Stinger.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States

I said earlier in this thread that I also would possibly get the G70, but I actually suspect that aside from missing the hatchback, I wouldn?t like the stiffer ride that comes with the sportiness. I enjoy the GT aspects of the Stinger. For me at least, I?ve never had a more comfortable car, even on DCs notoriously pothole covered roads, and it?s more than sporty enough. If the G70 would make those potholes a bit harsher, which I suspect it would based on reviews, I?d probably end up just sticking to the Stinger.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I believe the wishbone suspension handles things like potholes much better than the strut suspension we have AND is better in the corner. It's a better type of suspension. I could be wrong. It has happened.... twice.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Just out of curiosity, what does the 2019 have that the 2018 doesn?t? I looked online on their site and couldn?t find any difference although I also couldn?t figure out how to get a decent summary of all the features after building out the car. I am not going to buy a 2019. Just curious, and I also love my Stinger.

360 camera, wireless charging, and rear heated seats. And many assume the quality of the paint.