Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    The local dealer by me in the North Chicago suburbs has at least 3 fully loaded GT2's available for a big discount
    The big discount might result from incentive stacking. Proceed with caution.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes
    Early in the year, I seem to recall reading – I can't remember where – that Kia was targeting US sales of 15,000 Stingers for 2018. They were at 13,000 as of Sept end, averaging about 1450/mo, so they will reach that 15k. The Stinger has gotten a ton of love for Kia. It seems to be that ‘halo car' they were hoping for. Plus, it would seem to me that the capital investment for tooling and manufacturing infrastructure for this totally new/different car for Kia would be significant. Doesn't make sense that they would want to shorten the life of this car. It will continue to provide the halo and allow Kia to get their return on the investment.

All that said, even though the price-point is still awesome in relation to comparative cars, and the enthusiasts love it, I doubt that the Stinger will ever become ‘popular'. SUV's are eating up the sedan market, plus the typical sedan buyer looking at an Optima, Accord, or Camry won't/can't drop the extra $. Frankly, I'm fine with that. Maybe a future classic? I love most-everything about the car, and I love having a car that's different.
    2018 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
    2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

(mini-van and SUV purgatory)

1982 Mazda RX7 S

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Living in Australia I can say the 3.3 GT is a big hit here, and wait times can be as much as 3 months. Sales of the lesser 2.0 models are virtually non-existent. Ultimately the car has to sell in decent numbers in the U.S to be considered successful.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    State
    KY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chooka View Post
    Living in Australia I can say the 3.3 GT is a big hit here, and wait times can be as much as 3 months. Sales of the lesser 2.0 models are virtually non-existent. Ultimately the car has to sell in decent numbers in the U.S to be considered successful.
    Are gas prices fairly affordable over there?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OilDripper View Post
    Are gas prices fairly affordable over there?
    No not really. But we have a severe lack of 4 door affordable performance saloons. The SS Commodore (Chevy SS) was a huge hit here. Since its demise we have had few options. I seriously looked at a Mustang, but there's no way I could get even my children in the back seat for any extended period of time.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Stinger owner and I am not taking Kia's side but!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MurlinatoR View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    I am a Stinger owner and I am not taking Kia's side but!!!

I own a small machine shop and I know a little bit about setup and tooling costs. With that said I personally don't see any car manufacturer Putting 7 plus years of planning , Hiring top notch design teams , Drivers and spending Millions upon millions of dollars to produce what I see as an AWESOME challenger to a heavy weight class of cars. The scale of such an undertaking tells me that Kia is a forward thinking company. The Stinger wasn't just a re-vamped Optima It was a completely new car altogether. Bottom line... I can't believe that Kia missed the mark on making the Stinger . I just can't figure out why they didn't make the Stinger under a premium new badge ie, Honda/Acura Toyota/Lexus Ford/Lincoln ect. I feel that Kia was doing just fine own it's own based on value for the hard earned dollar. I don't think that Kia is going to stop making the Stinger anytime soon. I actually expect to see them maybe create a whole line of really nice high end cars , suv's, trucks and crossovers all having something to challenge Mercedes , Lexus , Acura and all other Top tier manufacturers. Maybe under a new premium car badge . Personally again as I removed the Kia badges from my Stinger and replaced them with the E badges I had almost a feeling of shame ... That almost all of the buyers of the new Stinger have done the same. It seems a shame to take the thunder away from Kia for making such a truly amazing Hotrod ! Cudos to you guys Kia! JOB WELL DONE !!!

Staff Team 278 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Yeah, that's why I left my badges. I believe in rewarding someone for a job well done.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast