Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger may not get a second generation

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Yeah, that's why I left my badges. I believe in rewarding someone for a job well done.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Yeah, that's why I left my badges. I believe in rewarding someone for a job well done.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I wasn't ashamed of owning a kia I just went along with the wave ? You know... But like I said ... This car stands out way above previous Kia cars to me . Also anyone that knows cars knows who built it ... The glass still screams Kia... LOL

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
We love it. I agree, given the development investment they won't likely discontinue anytime soon. I'm hoping to see an electric version!...would be a Tesla rival in a few yrs

Incidentally I've driven a rental Kia and currently have a rental Hyundai for work... amazing how much is shared from the display, buttons, camera, etc.

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
I think Atlantica is the good bye model. I figured that this was only going to be the one gen when it was obvious I was the only customer who paid cash for it new (2.0) at my local dealer for the whole year. They where like congrats you gamed the system lol. I saw on some car numbers websites that the stinger beat the K900 and cadenza in sales enough where that should end up being the flagship model based on numbers. So if it was a regional brand they would probably stop selling the K900 and cadenza in the USA and just stinger. But because their global and the new K900 was just rolled out looking bland, I suspect the stinger is done.

My thoughts are:

1. The new Forte and rio seem to show that the stinger style will be adapted to all models going forward which they should do
2. They should roll out a 3 tier/model Genesis like fastback stinger line for the lux segment but under the brand, and not separate like the failure that is genesis
3. But they won't because the new k900 which would be the G90 for Kia was designed to be bland following the stinger vs being a longer stinger.
4. the next Optima will absorb both models and style but sans rwd
5. A lack of special editions like FCA offers on dodges is a sore point like the way mazda doesn't offer mazdaspeed thus hurting themselves in brand image
5. It's too bad they don't adapt the stinger design and go even further and replace their sedans with fastbacks. People want suvs because of the hatch and it would be pioneering to be the first to do so.

Except for the upcoming part shortage, I enjoy owning something people don't, so if they kill it I'm fine with it because we all were smart enough to buy it. I think Atlantica is the good bye model. They'll put it out and then few months out say it's the last just like gm did with the pontiac G8, chevy SS. There isn't a business case for all three models: cadenza, K900, and stinger, but keeping stinger would sell rios, souls, and fortes to younger buyers. If they kill the stinger a year after the new forte comes out they are really stupid because the buyer who can't afford the stinger who's young will land in a forte. It's like the buick lacrosse/verano sales concept where they target the same buyer at two price points. Hyundai killed their own brand when they killed genesis coupe and spun off the brand. If Kia kills the stinger, they'll kill their sedan sales. Sticking with the K900 and cadenza over the stinger is like choosing to be toyota over BMW. Kill the stinger and then join Ford. Do not pass go, game over lol

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Awd
I'm kinda hoping for a GT-R spec.. don't know if that's trademarked or nething.. but a factory 550hp modle would definitely spark my interest.

Reactions
City
Tacoma
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
So.. *that* article references another article:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/kia-stinger-facing-uncertain-future

And THAT article has the quote from the source at KIA:

?Whether there will be a replacement is too early to say,? said Guilliame.
What MurlinatoR said sums it up pretty well tho:

That article is complete hog wash.

It's fake news.. the article is trying to cast aspersions on the Stinger.. the jackass who wrote it probably has a 2007 M5 in his driveway that he can barely keep on the road but he keeps it because he's a goddamn badge snob.

There's nothing that Whichcar said that's inaccurate but even they pull the 'uncertain future' crap. That's true with ANY new model from a manufacturer. If it's not well-received it doesn't get a second generation. But here's the deal: It's anecdotal, sure.. but I see the Stinger all over the damn place here in Washington. If you ask me, for the price point it's WAY more successful than even KIA thought it would be for a first year model. It's just a matter of waiting it out a bit longer to see how sales progress.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
This^. LOL

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
i hope it gets discontinued so the values in the future might increase similar to the 93+ toyota supra. it would become more rare..[rockon]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
i hope it gets discontinued so the values in the future might increase similar to the 93+ toyota supra. it would become more rare..[rockon]
lol, but then you can't drive the Stinger for 30 years to keep the miles low

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
Same here, and I'm one who usually always de-badges everything. I appreciate how minimal and clean its badging is. I don't like "V6 TURBO" on the sides of cars and love how it doesn't have any badge denoting what's under the hood (unless you know that "GT" means the 3.3L TT option). I like how there are just three badges (besides KIA) on the back, Stinger, GT, and AWD. That's all there needs to be and says everything it needs to say. It's very clean.

I love the font of KIA and am proud to drive a high-quality Korean car. I would remove the Stinger, GT, and AWD badges before the KIA emblems. The "E" badges look cool, but I don't want to come across as being "ashamed" of the original KIA badges. I'm not just a fan of my Stinger, but I'm a KIA fan too.