Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    32 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlinatoR View Post
    Oh, you mean they loosely commented on another article that loosely commented on someone from Kia's loose comments... LOL

Here's your perspective; the Sedona sells around the same number of units as the Stinger and it's still holding in the lineup. The Cadenza only sells 30% of the Stinger and isn't going anywhere. Even the K900, at a measly 2% (only 260 YTD), is just getting another model redesign.

It makes no sense that they would scrap the Stinger with all of the attention that it's receiving AND with the way this car is reshaping the brand image. Trust me, the Stinger is here to stay.

Now, regarding your poor experience with your local Kia dealership, I'm sorry. It sounds to me like a dealership with low standards is confusing perception of Kia corporate. Many dealerships have poor customer service standards. This spreads across all brands. What you'll see below is that MY Kia customers rank us #1 in our district and 26th in the nation out of more than 750 Kia dealers.

The bottom line is that a business chooses to be respectful when they realize that their REAL product are their guests.

Attachment 1614
    No, I ended up speaking with Kia corporate's Customer Assistance Center. They just have no idea how exactly to go about the more demanding nature of higher end car owners. Granted, the Stinger is at the bottom end of the cost spectrum, but Kia is just too used to economy car expectations and customers. While a good dealership is a good dealership and a bad one is a bad one across any brand, I'm finding that other brands' corporate structure has a better understanding of their "premium" vehicle lineups (if they have them) and how to treat those customers. Kia is new to this, and hasn't quite adapted, yet.

Having said that, you're overly defensive: I quoted the particular statement made by not "someone from Kia", but their Head of Design. His statement doesn't say anything about there not being a second generation, it's saying that it has to do really well to ensure there is one. The Sedona is in a "common" market niche (or more accurately, I reuse the word "economy"). It costs less to make, likely has a decent profit margin per unit, and has customers that have relatively low expectations. The Stinger is, instead, competing with fiercely branded vehicles in a much higher end niche. It costs more to make, likely has a smaller profit margin per unit in an effort to create "value" in a niche that normally does not have it at all, and this niche has customers that expect to be treated promptly and professionally where they are always right even if they are wrong. Thus, I understand and see where he's coming from: for the Stinger to have an assured future, it really DOES need to do well because it's a much more "costly" vehicle to deal with for Kia.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not strongly on either side of this discussion, but if you watch Alex on Auto's review of the 2nd gen Kia K900 to come to the US despite insanely bad sales, perhaps it will give more context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it continues. The local dealer by me in the North Chicago suburbs has at least 3 fully loaded GT2's available for a big discount (including a black with red interior...tempting, very tempting)

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jatleson View Post
    I hope it continues. The local dealer by me in the North Chicago suburbs has at least 3 fully loaded GT2's available for a big discount (including a black with red interior...tempting, very tempting)
    Just curious - do you by chance mean Grossinger Kia, Lincolnwood?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further north. Libertyville

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Atleson Detailing Service - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/atlesondetailing/home
    2010 BMW 335i xDrive
    2015 Dodge Durango RT
    1999 BMW M Roadster

11 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If any of this were true the K900 and the Cadenza would have gotten axed a long time ago. Look at their numbers vs the Stinger and they have been on the market for a while now. The article is bogus.

Staff Team 288 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggaman View Post
    If any of this were true the K900 and the Cadenza would have gotten axed a long time ago. Look at their numbers vs the Stinger and they have been on the market for a while now. The article is bogus.
    ^^^This^^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast