Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

No boost, please help.

Dtrain

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
G'day all,

this may need to be in the engine/drivetrain thread so change if need be.

I'm in Newcastle Australia.

So Ive lost a huge amount of torque. Definitely getting no or very little boost. Still quick but no punch when I put my foot down.
So i had a look myself in case it was just a loose hose and found the passenger side intercooler charge side hose moved a bit. It's a cicrclip type clamp and different to all other. Ducked into Kia and they said it wasn't right and ordered a new part taking six weeks to get in, so I took it home and A mate in Perth checked his out and that is how it should be so it seems Kia techs are quite clueless with the stinger so far.
anybody had this happen? I can't find any loose hoses. I had the bottom plastic off this arv and put it on jacks to inspect. I removed the circlip type clamp from the I/c charge side, inspected and lubed the seals and replaced but still nothing.

I've got three thoughts.
1) electrical prob somewhere but I ran my diagnostic computer and found no codes.
2) wastegate is stuck open.
3) siezed turbo.

Please help. My next step is To leave it with Kia, but it seems that anything they do will be winging it as they've obviously had no training on these cards as they claim at the service centre. If it's not an oil change, it's beyond them. Apologies to the Kia techs that do know there shit, but my dealer wouldn't even see me for weeks and no car to get me to and from work in the process.

Love the car though. Still no complaints except above.

Cheers,
D

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I would continue checking the hoses to see if something else is loose. I'm fairly certain the sudden lost of boost is hose/clamp related.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Under sports mode use the boost gauge to monitor how much boost you're making.

OP
D

Dtrain

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #4
It's still showing boost on the gauge, but isn't it an ecu boost gauge? I thought it was. More of a gimmick.
I'm now thinking th BOV is stuck open recirculating booost.

OP
D

Dtrain

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #5
Problem found. BOV stuck open. Thanks for all your help.