Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Any ex Audi/BMW/Merc owners?

buggadad

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Various close to pulling the trigger on a GT2 AWD. Giving up my B8 S4. Wondering if I will regret it.

Thoughts and opinions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Former Audi owner right here. No regrets whatsoever and very glad I made the switch. Are you considering the '18 or '19 Stinger?

brancky3

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Former 2016 S3 owner. No regrets in any capacity.

OP
B

buggadad

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
18 with the Kia incentives

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Current MB owner here, you'll be very impress and happy with the Stinger. Quality wise I'd say the Stinger fits right up there with Audi.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
AMG S63
Model S 85D

Love my GT2 AWD

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Various close to pulling the trigger on a GT2 AWD. Giving up my B8 S4. Wondering if I will regret it.

Thoughts and opinions?

Sold my ?09 A5 for my ?19 Stinger GT Limited. Absolutely no regrets and I loved that car.

Still have my ?10 A4 Avant and it sits in my garage as I?m enjoying this car too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Sold my ?09 A5 for my ?19 Stinger GT Limited. Absolutely no regrets and I loved that car.

Still have my ?10 A4 Avant and it sits in my garage as I'm enjoying this car too much!

That A5 is sexy as hell. What wheels are those?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
I test drove an S7 as a replacement for my S4. Absolutely LOVED everything about that car. Was waiting for the dealer to get one that had the comfort seats (with the massage function) rather than the sport seats. While waiting, my wife bought a 2018 Sedona SX+. When we went to pick it up, the Kia dealership had a Stinger Limited out front, and after talking to the sales manager about it, we took it for a 1/2 day test drive. I liked the Stinger just as much as the S7! When we got back to the dealership, my wife told me that if I didn't buy it, I was an idiot. 1.9% 5 year financing, 5 year 100K km bumper to bumper warranty. S7=$150K, Stinger=$53,300 out the door. No brainer for me. Have NEVER looked back and absolutely NO regrets whatsoever.

For me, the Stinger Limited is totally on par with the S7, at a third of the price!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I test drove an S7 as a replacement for my S4. Absolutely LOVED everything about that car. Was waiting for the dealer to get one that had the comfort seats (with the massage function) rather than the sport seats. While waiting, my wife bought a 2018 Sedona SX+. When we went to pick it up, the Kia dealership had a Stinger Limited out front, and after talking to the sales manager about it, we took it for a 1/2 day test drive. I liked the Stinger just as much as the S7! When we got back to the dealership, my wife told me that if I didn't buy it, I was an idiot. 1.9% 5 year financing, 5 year 100K km bumper to bumper warranty. S7=$150K, Stinger=$53,300 out the door. No brainer for me. Have NEVER looked back and absolutely NO regrets whatsoever.

For me, the Stinger Limited is totally on par with the S7, at a third of the price!
Agreed! I was shopping used S7?s as well as the S5 Sportback before driving a Stinger and the value for money the Stinger offered was just too much to pass up.

OP
B

buggadad

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
I have a friend who was at a tipping point of buying a Stinger. After seeing a couple on the street I decided I needed to drive one. After driving it I told him essentially what your wife told you, "that he would be an idiot not to buy the car at that price."

As for me I've decided to keep my S4,only because I have no reason to get rid of it. I drive it very little, it doesn't have a lot of miles and I still love it.

I'm still going to hang out out here....I like the company and I am a fan of the Stinger.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
We?re all car enthusiasts here, glad you?re sticking around [like]

I have a friend who was at a tipping point of buying a Stinger. After seeing a couple on the street I decided I needed to drive one. After driving it I told him essentially what your wife told you, "that he would be an idiot not to buy the car at that price."

As for me I've decided to keep my S4,only because I have no reason to get rid of it. I drive it very little, it doesn't have a lot of miles and I still love it.

I'm still going to hang out out here....I like the company and I am a fan of the Stinger.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

OP
B

buggadad

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Thanks I'm interested in everyone's experience and any mods you might make to the car.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Have and love a BMW 2010 335i xdrive. Manual trns and sport package. Jb4, and Fmic. 95000 miles. Starting to look and leaning toward a stinger. Maintaining the car is starting to get costly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

buggadad

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #17
That is what my BMW owning friends have told me. One said that advice from an owners forum is to buy the extended warranty and sell the car before it expires. Others may differ but that hasn't been my Audi experience. This has been my 3rd S4 and they have all been nothing but normal maintenance past 100k miles.