Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

19s or 20s??

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I cant decide if I should go with 19s or 20s? I would love to fill in the cap and I'm not planning on lowering my car. Would 20s be an overkill? I haven't seen a lot of 19s on a stinger. People usually go with 20s. Theres a price difference of only a couple of hundred bucks. I'm planning on running 40 series tires if I go 19s. The roads around here arent that great.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
So I cant decide if I should go with 19s or 20s? I would love to fill in the cap and I'm not planning on lowering my car. Would 20s be an overkill? I haven't seen a lot of 19s on a stinger. People usually go with 20s. Theres a price difference of only a couple of hundred bucks. I'm planning on running 40 series tires if I go 19s. The roads around here arent that great.
If you're not planning on lowering it I'd stick with 19". 20" are going to look too thin.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
It depends on the wheels, what did you have in mind?

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
It depends on the wheels, what did you have in mind?
Digging these wheels.. stance_wheels_sf07_gunmetal_brushed_tinted_face_rims_audiocityusa_0.jpg

But there are so many options. I want to make sure that itll look&fit right. I dont want to regret it down the line.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
You have great tastes, those Stance wheels are beatiful. Personally I'd go with 20" wheels.

This Stinger is riding on 20" wheels and stock suspension. I think it looks just fine.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
You have great tastes, those Stance wheels are beatiful. Personally I'd go with 20" wheels.

This Stinger is riding on 20" wheels and stock suspension. I think it looks just fine.
Wow that does looks good. Will I have rubbing issue with it being so close to the wheel well?

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow that does looks good. Will I have rubbing issue with it being so close to the wheel well?
No because you would just get thinner tires so your overall diameter would be the same. [MENTION=495]BestWheelDeals[/MENTION] and [MENTION=850]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] sells Stance wheels and can get you the correct size.

GetYourWheels

Vendor
Reactions
City
Santa Fe Springs
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Overland Cayenne Diesel
Digging these wheels.. View attachment 1583

But there are so many options. I want to make sure that itll look&fit right. I dont want to regret it down the line.
20X9 and 20X10.5 is a good fit for the Kia Stinger.

If you're really OCD and want the same rolling diameter, I would stick with the 19X8.5 and 19X9.5.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9

If you're really OCD and want the same rolling diameter, I would stick with the 19X8.5 and 19X9.5.
Well im rolling the 18s stocker. I've never drivin a car with 19s or even 20s so I dont know how the ride quality would be.

GetYourWheels

Vendor
Reactions
City
Santa Fe Springs
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Overland Cayenne Diesel
Well im rolling the 18s stocker. I've never drivin a car with 19s or even 20s so I dont know how the ride quality would be.
It won't be stupid harsh or anything. You loose a little but it won't be drastic enough to hurt you or make things really uncomfortable. I've driven everything from 19" and 20" with 40/35 profile staggered and 35/30 profile staggered. Most of my ride quality change came from suspension changes.

Just know that it won't be like getting some new coilovers in some weird super high spring rate.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I'm also shopping for another set of wheels (doing summer/winter setup here in PA). 20" looks too big for me and thinner sidewalls than I like. I'll be sticking with 18-19". Lots of wheels look good on this car! I've got 5-6 I'm deliberating about. Will share as decision narrows.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #12

I believe you said "staggered" set up is ok as long at the tire width stay the same. Well I'm thinking 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear, would that be ok with awd?

GetYourWheels

Vendor
Reactions
City
Santa Fe Springs
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Overland Cayenne Diesel
I believe you said "staggered" set up is ok as long at the tire width stay the same. Well I'm thinking 20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear, would that be ok with awd?
staggered setup is ok as long as the tire overall rolling diameter is the same.

235/35/20 - 275/30/20 for those that want a bit of stretch on the 9/10.5
245/35/20 - 285/30/20 for those looking more of a meaty tire look without rubbing.

also will need to consider what offsets to run.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #14
I'm also shopping for another set of wheels (doing summer/winter setup here in PA). 20" looks too big for me and thinner sidewalls than I like. I'll be sticking with 18-19". Lots of wheels look good on this car! I've got 5-6 I'm deliberating about. Will share as decision narrows.
Yeah I'm debating on that too but 20s do look real good... 2018_kia_stinger_gt_niche_gamma_staggard_front_20x9_rear_20x10_5_wheels_nitto_555_g2_245x30_r_20.jpg

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Go with the 20"[rockon]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I love the stock 19?s on mine. The only thing I would change would be the width on the front tires. Looks a little too ricey with the sidewalls going inward

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #17
So I'm going from 18s to let say 20s, will I notice any difference in weight? Drivability?

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Without a doubt go with the 20"[biggrin]

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Have you decided lol? Want to see those bad boys on your Stinger.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Exterior Cosmetic & Lighting Modifications 20