Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-GDi View Post
    Confirmation from my side: plugs are a must if you want to tune it. I also run the HKS plugs and I'm satisfied.
    I also went for the GTS. There is no way to upgrade from a RS to a GTS at a later point. So I was afraid I would regret my decision at one point.
    If you have only 91 octane the RS is a good bang for the buck. However, if you have 93 octane I would take the GTS.
    Thanks for the info. 93 octane here. Will probably go for GTS. How long have you had it?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenmsax View Post
    Thanks for the info. 93 octane here. Will probably go for GTS. How long have you had it?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
    I installed it in May. Almost 8000 miles now.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-GDi View Post
    I installed it in May. Almost 8000 miles now.
    Just wondering... have you done any dyno comparisons with stock? Does the car drive and accelerate as smoothly as stock?

Many thanks.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I just purchased the RS for my 2.0T today. Once installed, I will post updates on my results. I only have 1,300 miles on car so far, so I will probably wait until past 2k to 3k break-in mileage has past. I plan to install the HKS plugs as well with a K&N drop in filter (filter made a difference with my traded in 2015 274 hp Optima Turbo. I'm wanting at least 300 hp at the crank.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just dropped in the K&N filter,gapped the OEM NGKplugs between. 024 and. 026, and installed the Racechip RS. Will provide feedback after the first few days.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    First update with Racechip RS on Stinger 2.0. Let me start by saying that I traded in my 2015 Optima SX Turbo with 274 hp for the base Stinger. I've outrun a base Stinger about a year ago in the Optima and always wanted to know how the Optima would fare against a Focus ST.

I didn't have to wait for more than a day after installing the Racechip RS in my Stinger. While at a stop light with 3 lanes, a Focus ST made a Uturn from opposite side now headed in my direction. I'm pretty sure he saw me at the light with my bright parking lights on. He accelerated with his exhaust blaring. Low and behold, he was at the next stop light in the middle lane.

Of course, there wasn't a vehicle in the lane I was in. I thought about rolling to the light thinking it would change before I got there, but it didn't. I had no choice but to pull up next to the Focus ST which had aftermarket parts stickers, etc. I said to myself, here goes nothing with a tiny thought of GT remorse.

The light changed and I went half on the throttle until I heard his engine race and saw the red color of the STs hood through my front windshield.....and then I nailed it. That was the last time I saw the red paint until I looked back through the rear passenger's window. I could see he was trying to race and could hear his engine racing. I had also realized that as my Stinger changed gears, my rear tires chirped with Traction Control on and the Stinger was off and gone. That time that I looked back, the ST was a full car length behind and noticed that he gave up before reaching the next light.

I can honestly tell you that before the Racechip install, regapped plugs and K&N drop in filter.....that ST would have ate me for lunch. GT remorse was put to rest after that. The Stinger was in Sport mode and the Racechip was set on mapping 5. I will try to get quarter mile times at a track later this Spring and possibly a Dyno Test. For now and at 1500 miles on the odometer, I will let everything gel for bit more and enjoy my new performance boost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12