Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Pricing announced

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Sorry this is off topic. I wanted to start a new thread but I can't. Does anyone have any SEMA 2017 info on the Stinger? SEMA is going to be soon and I was just wondering.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #22
Sorry this is off topic. I wanted to start a new thread but I can't. Does anyone have any SEMA 2017 info on the Stinger? SEMA is going to be soon and I was just wondering.
Funny you ask; I just read on IG that Kia is loaning a Stinger to Keen Design for SEMA:

Attachments

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Funny you ask; I just read on IG that Kia is loaning a Stinger to Keen Design for SEMA:
WOW! That was quite the coincidence! It will be interesting to see what they come up with and what aftermarket goodies will be available for the Stinger. I read Borla is working on an exhaust system and I'm sure there will be intakes, programming, aero pieces, wheels and tires too. I did a quick google search but it turned up nothing. Thanks:)

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Was going to post this once I got home from work. This is really exciting to see.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That a** end is so RS7 and Panamera - probably the two best looking cars out there. I might add the Panamera Sport Turismo also. That's probably why I like this car so much.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
So I began thinking, this is your warning turn away now, if the safety features are optional on all Trim levels would that be a "dealer enabled option"? Would the dealer just have to turn on a software feature and the hardware is already in place on all trim levels?

Anyone heard of that in the auto industry?

Tunes and Pipes are one upgrade but I am curious about the "software" options that will be available to us.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
So I began thinking, this is your warning turn away now, if the safety features are optional on all Trim levels would that be a "dealer enabled option"? Would the dealer just have to turn on a software feature and the hardware is already in place on all trim levels?

Anyone heard of that in the auto industry?

Tunes and Pipes are one upgrade but I am curious about the "software" options that will be available to us.
I think it's a way to make more money. I had a '15 Sonata Limited with a few options. I was able to download Blue Link, I believe this is just Hyundai, but I was unable to use the features. It had the Blue Link button on the rear view mirror but no features. I had an option for Remote-Start. This means the car already had the software for Remote-Start. But, I had to subscribe to Blue Link for over $100 annually to enable the features. My guess is that all cars will have the ability, I would say some if not most, to use the safety features. It is a way for the company to make more money.

Say you buy a GT, with an asking price of $39K. You get the car, you get the safety features and the V6 but, you have to pay extra to use those safety features, Blue Link, etc..

Another way to think about it is say you buy Forza 7, which I did for Xbox One, for $59.99. There is a Ultimate edition or something like that for $29.99 more. Totaling 79.98. You get the Ultimate, download it on your console and are able to play. Now, there are still cars locked which can be bought from the Marketplace as Downloadable Content, aka DLC.

Money Makers guys....