Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Engine bay trim panel clip part number

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone know the part number for those trim clips they use everywhere under the hood? Also on the front splash shield. The ones with the center that you pry out? I've already lost one.....
As usual, the online part catalogs aren't terribly helpful, hoping there's an aftermarket pack already available.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Anyone know the part number for those trim clips they use everywhere under the hood? Also on the front splash shield. The ones with the center that you pry out? I've already lost one.....
As usual, the online part catalogs aren't terribly helpful, hoping there's an aftermarket pack already available.
Are these what you're looking for?

OP
O
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Similar, but the center pushes in instead of threads in.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It might be #8112637010

#7 in the picture below.

OP
O
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Heh, I think we need to keep this going.

Nah, here's a picture.
IMG_20181013_184401.jpg

According to the parts guides, the splash shield clip is 84219-G3000, or maybe 14206-08250B? Can't find any pictures of the former, the latter looks like awfully close. Even having been under the car several times and pulling the shields I still can't make heads or tails of the diagrams.
The ones along the top of the core support appear to be 85859-B1000, but can't find any useful pictures of that one either. And can't find any diagrams of the dress panels along the back of the engine bay.
Nothing can be easy.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=1604]oddball[/MENTION]

Did you end up finding the right clip? One of mine is literally deteriorating (it's crumbling to pieces!) and I don't want to have to take it to the dealership just to get the right clip to replace it.

OP
O
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
I ordered a batch of 86595-2T500 and 14206-08250-B. Both batches are identical, and they are the clips used under the hood and for the belly pans. Readily available on ebay and amazon, just search for those part numbers. Usually about $1 ea.
So now I have a lifetime (hopefully!) supply....

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Are these the same clips for the fender liner too?

OP
O
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #10
Appears so.

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Thanks for figuring out the right parts, I'm missing two of these too.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I ordered a batch of 86595-2T500 and 14206-08250-B. Both batches are identical, and they are the clips used under the hood and for the belly pans. Readily available on ebay and amazon, just search for those part numbers. Usually about $1 ea.
So now I have a lifetime (hopefully!) supply....
Hmmm, they're much cheaper than $1 each here: https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/genuine/hyundai-clip~14206-08250-b.html

However, I'm noticing some continued item number changes. Are you able to discern if there is a material difference? The fact that one of mine is deteriorating from something makes me wonder if different ones use different materials despite them all being the same size/function.

OP
O
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Hmmm, they're much cheaper than $1 each here: https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/genuine/hyundai-clip~14206-08250-b.html

However, I'm noticing some continued item number changes. Are you able to discern if there is a material difference? The fact that one of mine is deteriorating from something makes me wonder if different ones use different materials despite them all being the same size/function.
Heh, ever ordered from an internet dealer before? They give a decent cut off the ridiculous "list" price, but they make it up in shipping! $1/ea is the typical price I saw - shipped. Some are bags of 15 for $10, some are bags of 10 for $10, some are bags of 5 for $20. Just depends.
No idea on revisions. They feel the same in the hand.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Heh, ever ordered from an internet dealer before? They give a decent cut off the ridiculous "list" price, but they make it up in shipping! $1/ea is the typical price I saw - shipped. Some are bags of 15 for $10, some are bags of 10 for $10, some are bags of 5 for $20. Just depends.
No idea on revisions. They feel the same in the hand.
I just checked out from the link I posted above: Qty of 20 x $0.21 = $4.20 (not on purpose) + $9.26 shipping = $13.85 total. I'm not sure where you actually live, but you might want to try it from where I linked it at [tongue]

Thanks for identifying these, though! I really have to figure out why the one I have literally disintegrated and why the one next to it is also coming loose. I think it might be from the detergent from the touchless car wash... I really have no clue why the clip would just fall apart like that, though. [8]