Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Auto-Center on p/s Adjustable?

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I got my car back from extensive battle damage repairs (hit by Ford Exploder) with replaced upper control arm, power steering rack and axle.

The steering had to be calibrated at the dealer.

I have not driven the car in a loooong month (I really missed her!) but as I drive it now it feels like the wheel wants to "center" more than I remember...

Even a small turn - release the wheel- and it "snaps back" to vertical/straight.
A extreme toe-in alignment will do the same thing. But I sense this is KIA electric assisted power steering "feature."

So is it adjustable?
Can I do it myself?

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
You can't adjust the Electric Power Steering yourself, you'll need to have it checked at the dealer.

Any pictures of the damages?

OP
FIM-92
Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
Wow sorry to see that, hope everyone is ok.

OP
FIM-92
Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thread Starter #5
No injuries and now she is back on the road ;)

Thakid22

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
No injuries and now she is back on the road ;)
It’s been almost a year since this incident... how is your front tire wear right now?
That excessive return to center force, indicates that the body shop did not get the vehicles suspension and alignment geometries back to factory spec.

Though you’ve probably gotten used to the feel by now, you should give the front and rear tires a good look to make sure they are wearing properly.

If anything is amiss, your insurance company has a process called sublimation, where they can cover the redone repairs and tire costs at no charge to you.