Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Velossa Tech BIG MOUTH Ram Air Inlets

VelossaTech

Vendor
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus ST
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to inform you of this awesome new product. Our ram ducts are popular in the Ford segment and are now available for the Stinger 3.3T. If you have an aftermarket or stock intake system, these ducts will feed high pressure, cool frontal air to your airboxes. We engineered these ducts to maximize pressure recovery to your intakes (BIG MOUTH intakes work with any aftermarket intake system such as Stillen, Injen, K&N etc...), we CFD analyzed for minimum pressure drop, and also designed with an aesthetic appeal and OEM fitment.

We 3D scanned the Stinger front radiator support and shroud, and designed around it to ensure perfect fitment. As shown below, no corners were cut on fitment!

Available here with discount intro pricing now!

Best part is you get to choose the colors of your flares and duct bodies!

A few examples below. Intro pricing is also active right now! It won't be for long!

You may or may not want to run with the grille if you feel daring :) I personally love the look without the grille.

Here are a couple other pictures of a customer who ordered custom dark grey on grey (dark grey flares, grey bodies) BIG MOUTH ram inlets for his ceramic stinger.

OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Vendor
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus ST
Thread Starter #2
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Interesting the way your render shows it clipping right through the radiator shroud, indicating the modifying the radiator shroud to keep it there is possible. If your render clips through the radiator shroud, you could in theory create a template for people to use should they choose to modify their radiator shroud (read: dremel a hole in it following your template).

This would be similar to how JT intakes also include instructions on how to modify the stock snorkel area if one so chooses to do. Just a thought (and I'm still hoping you offer a mesh grill option to further reduce larger debris that easily passes through the front grill).

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Interesting the way your render shows it clipping right through the radiator shroud, indicating the modifying the radiator shroud to keep it there is possible. If your render clips through the radiator shroud, you could in theory create a template for people to use should they choose to modify their radiator shroud (read: dremel a hole in it following your template).

This would be similar to how JT intakes also include instructions on how to modify the stock snorkel area if one so chooses to do. Just a thought (and I'm still hoping you offer a mesh grill option to further reduce larger debris that easily passes through the front grill).
It?s not worth keeping IMO. I just took mine off and there really isn?t much to the shroud at all. With the shroud off and the snorkels on, the amount of radiator exposed is virtually the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Did you notice any improvements on the top end? They don't have any dyno numbers but I guess it would be hard to test something like this with a car that isn't moving. Any different in sound from the BOV's since you basically have a nice horn for the sound to play through? I'll probably get these either way because why not.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2013 Mercedes-Benz C300
This is exciting!

I think this is a great mod for those who want to keep their OEM intake boxes. The front of the snorkels are at the front edge of the bumper which is supposed to be a high pressure area. The fact that the OEM boxes are sealed would mean that, at speed, these would create a "Ram Air" effect which should, theoretically, pressurized the airboxes. Add a set of K&N drop-in filters to increase the filter area and this might be an ideal set-up. Maybe even better than any of the current "cold air intake" setups on the market?
What do you guys think?

OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Vendor
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus ST
Thread Starter #8
This is exciting!

I think this is a great mod for those who want to keep their OEM intake boxes. The front of the snorkels are at the front edge of the bumper which is supposed to be a high pressure area. The fact that the OEM boxes are sealed would mean that, at speed, these would create a "Ram Air" effect which should, theoretically, pressurized the airboxes. Add a set of K&N drop-in filters to increase the filter area and this might be an ideal set-up. Maybe even better than any of the current "cold air intake" setups on the market?
What do you guys think?
A lot of people go with drop-in filters and big mouth ram air. Any aftermarket intake setup will work really well with big mouths up front, K&N, Stillen, Injen etc... They work very well together.

best,

D

OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Vendor
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
ford focus ST
Thread Starter #9
Some pictures of alejandras car from SEMA.