Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Finally saw one in person

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I was really hoping I would hate the thing or think it looked better in pics than in person, but nope, it's just as amazing in the flesh. This is going to be a long two months but I guess I'll hold out for one.

If you've never seen one, check around in your area, there may be a demo model available to view.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Did you get a chance to see in the interior build quality? I saw one at a car show but never sat inside.

OP
TurboTx

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
From what I could tell it looked and felt just as nice as ze Germans. The seats really jumped out at me; very soft and supple leather (being a loaded GT, I assume it was the nappa). Everything felt solid, and the surfaces were really soft and smooth. If I were to nitpick, I'd say the door doesn't slam with a nice THUD like others in the class, but, who knows if that will change when in full production?

One thing about the badges; KIA appears on the hood and wheels caps, otherwise it's just STINGER on the rear with GT off to the side, and the korean 'E' badge on the steering wheel. Kinda weird to see it there only; I'm curious if the production model will feature the same....

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Like KiaFan I've only seen it in person but never had a chance to go inside, glad to hear that the interior is as nice as it is outside.

Wonder why the E badge is only on the steering wheel, which I know will confuse a lot of people.

From what I could tell it looked and felt just as nice as ze Germans. The seats really jumped out at me; very soft and supple leather (being a loaded GT, I assume it was the nappa). Everything felt solid, and the surfaces were really soft and smooth. If I were to nitpick, I'd say the door doesn't slam with a nice THUD like others in the class, but, who knows if that will change when in full production?

One thing about the badges; KIA appears on the hood and wheels caps, otherwise it's just STINGER on the rear with GT off to the side, and the korean 'E' badge on the steering wheel. Kinda weird to see it there only; I'm curious if the production model will feature the same....

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I had the opportunity to sit inside a pre-production version at a particular auto show. I sat in the blue one with the black and light grey interior. I only sat in the front driver seat. Again, it was pre-production but that being said, I was very impressed. The seats were very comfortable and I had plenty of room. I'm 6'4" and 220 lbs. It looked like I would have enough room in the back seat and it looked like I may be able to sit behind myself. Buttons and switches seemed to be of good quality and I LOVED the micro suede headliner. The fit and finish of the interior and exterior appeared to be well done. I didn't pay attention to the door thud while closing it but nothing came out as being cheap. Just didn't notice which I suppose is good. I can't wait to drive it when it comes out.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Glad you can confirm this, my biggest fear is finding hard plastic all over the interior which is a big turn-off for me.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
One thing about the badges; KIA appears on the hood and wheels caps, otherwise it's just STINGER on the rear with GT off to the side, and the korean 'E' badge on the steering wheel..
Sounds like KIA doesn't want the driver to know they are driving a KIA. That's a shame, they are becoming more and more of an alternative to the mainstream companies. Keep doing your thing KIA, we are all watching

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2005 Mini Cooper S
The dealer didn't know what to think when I walked in with my clubs.......

But I've been waiting to answer one last question......and yes, the Stinger will hold at least 3 (maybe 4) golf bags without laying down the rear seats.

kia trunk.jpg

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I like your priorities.[twothumb]

But I've been waiting to answer one last question......and yes, the Stinger will hold at least 3 (maybe 4) golf bags without laying down the rear seats.