Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Some ambient lights no longer working

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Hi Folks:

I?m sure I can get this resolved fairly quickly at the dealer but thought I?d check if any of you have had this happen, and if so what the fix was.

The ambient lighting in my car is working with the right color and intensity I setup but it?s stopped all together in the stripe just above the glovebox across the passenger compartment, and the same height on the doors (I think that was there before, but I know the one above the glovebox was).

So it?s just part of the ambient lighting that isn?t working. Anyone seen this?

Thanks
T1328

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Have you tried turning it off and then back on to full brightness to see if it comes on? I've had no issue with mine.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Have you tried turning it off and then back on to full brightness to see if it comes on? I've had no issue with mine.
Yes, I have. Only thing I haven?t tried is a full system reset. But that would take some time to get my settings back to where they were.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes, I have. Only thing I haven?t tried is a full system reset. But that would take some time to get my settings back to where they were.

I was going to suggest resetting the system. At least if it works you'll save yourself a trip.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
I was going to suggest resetting the system. At least if it works you'll save yourself a trip.
I tried it a short while ago. No change :-(

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
On your doors, it's UNDER the arm rest.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
On your doors, it's UNDER the arm rest.
I know. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the lighted stripe above the glove compartment. Is it my imagination that there was a light there? My car is in at the dealer's today, so we'll see what they say too.
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 1.34.01 PM.png

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I know. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the lighted stripe above the glove compartment. Is it my imagination that there was a light there? My car is in at the dealer's today, so we'll see what they say too.
View attachment 1446
Oh, no you're correct. LOL

Yes, the stripe on your dash should light. You just mentioned that you thought there were lights on the doors as well and I was just noting that they are ONLY under the armrest on the doors.

They'll get it straightened out for ya, bro.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Just got a call from my dealer and he said they fixed it and that it was their fault. When they replaced my head unit for the fader issue they failed to reconnect a single switch.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Just got a call from my dealer and he said they fixed it and that it was their fault. When they replaced my head unit for the fader issue they failed to reconnect a single switch.

Hahahaha

I'm glad that they took care of it. I didn't know that you had the stereo done. There's a very low chance that they go bad. Usually just a connection issue.

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #11
Ok, saga is over and my beautiful red light is back on above the glove compartment. Most 1st world problem ever, but it makes me happy. :).

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Why isn't there an ambient light strip on the driver's side? It seems a little lopsided not having it there. Plus, it would be nice to have a little bit of light there.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Reactions
amb this this is PD Gunner my stinger had ambient lighting working perfectly as of last week lights went dark only thing working was the white lights that come on on the floor and Yes mine had the strip by the dashboard go all the way across to the driver side cannot find how to turn on or reset the color any help would be appreciated thank you.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, did you unplug your battery, wait 10 minutes an plug it back in, that will reset the ECU. If that doesn't work check the fuses....

Pandasaur

Reactions
City
West Fargo
State
ND
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Just purchased an 18 2L Premium has settings for ambient lighting bit cannot see it or the lights even....do I actually have them or not?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Pandasaur The setting for that will be on your dash cluster. If the car has it you can notice it a lot more at night..

Pandasaur

Reactions
City
West Fargo
State
ND
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Welcome @Pandasaur The setting for that will be on your dash cluster. If the car has it you can notice it a lot more at night..
Yeah the settings are there but I have it on 4 and haven't noticed them really

OP
torbach
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Thread Starter #18
In my case it was the wiring they messed up when they replaced my head unit. They fixed it pretty quickly once I took it in.