Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who is going to trade-in or sell their 2018 to get a 2019?

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
How many of you are considering selling or trading in your 2018 Stinger to get the 2019? I am strongly considering it for the following reasons:

1. Missing options on the 2018 including 360 camera, wireless charging, and rear heated seats.
2. Paint issues (mine is silky silver). I hope they have learned their lesson and resolved the quality of the paint.
3. Audi rear fader issue (I know there is a fix, but I don't necessarily want my dash disassembled).
4. Rear hatch issues on the 2018.

Would love to hear what others are thinking...

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I might end up making the switch to a G70 if I like the way it drives.

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #3
I might end up making the switch to a G70 if I like the way it drives.
I've thought about that to. It's a smaller car, so not sure. I do love the hatch... Decisions...

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Probably not the 2019 but maybe a 2020.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thought about it, but not really worth it to me. Especially since there is going to be a price increase.

Ruturaj

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger
Thought about it, but not really worth it to me. Especially since there is going to be a price increase.
The price increase is of $700. $495 extra for Red, white and ceramic silver. Details on Kia website.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
The price increase is of $700. $495 extra for Red, white and ceramic silver. Details on Kia website.
They are offsetting the cost of the paint mishaps. More money better paint 2019 pushes to the consumer.

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #8
So met with my dealership and was very surprised with the trade in price they offered. Here?s the specifics:

2019 GT2 AWD Sticker $54,250

Purchase $50,377

Or

Lease $45,877

Trade-In $36,000

My car is a 2018 GT2 AWD with 6,000 miles.

I guess I shouldn?t be surprised with their offer. Listed my car for sale today and we shall see. I definitely want the 360 camera, wireless charging, rear heated seats etc. Hey [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] quick question for you. What is the most you have seen dealers taking off their remaining 2018 GT2?s. My dealer has discounted them $9,000 and he said there is another dealership 50 miles north that is discounting them $11,000. I would appreciate your insight. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
So met with my dealership and was very surprised with the trade in price they offered. Here?s the specifics:

2019 GT2 AWD Sticker $54,250

Purchase $50,377

Or

Lease $45,877

Trade-In $36,000

My car is a 2018 GT2 AWD with 6,000 miles.

I guess I shouldn?t be surprised with their offer. Listed my car for sale today and we shall see. I definitely want the 360 camera, wireless charging, rear heated seats etc. Hey [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] quick question for you. What is the most you have seen dealers taking off their remaining 2018 GT2?s. My dealer has discounted them $9,000 and he said there is another dealership 50 miles north that is discounting them $11,000. I would appreciate your insight. Thanks!

$16k depreciation in one year. [facepalm]

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
me too. the stinger was a great idea but very cheaply done. and the customer service is a joke at kia...they lie and deflect lie and deflect then repeat. [?|]

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
me too. the stinger was a great idea but very cheaply done. and the customer service is a joke at kia...they lie and deflect lie and deflect then repeat. [?|]
Sorry to hear about that. What's your future plan?

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #13
Back to the point of the thread [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] do you know of other dealers discounting 2018?s $9-11k?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Interesting comments...

Working on a 2018 GT2 right now - I don't really care about wireless charging or 360 camera, so I'd have no reason to trade-in, personally. And as someone mentioned, the 1st year depreciation (According to the offer posted) seems harsh.

The G70 would be a nice alternative for me - if the front end wasn't so ugly. Just my opinion, tho.

$9k-$11 deductions? Perhaps that is with dealer specials AND current incentives? I.e. In my area right now, the cheapest GT2 deal I can find is $6k off for dealer discount - and if you add the $3k loyalty/conquest and the $2k Kia financing incentives, you'd get around $10k-$11k off.... Just a thought. :)

-Tim

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #15
Thanks Tim!! [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] and insight?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks Tim!! [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION] and insight?

Sorry guys, was out of pocket for a day or two. LOL

Yeah, the most a GT2 is going to drop from the price before incentives is $5-$6k unless there's something sketchy going on. They you have the $7,700 lease or finance incentives. That's where it's at.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
$16k depreciation in one year. [facepalm]
[MENTION=789]DodgetoKia[/MENTION], you have to remember that Kia's giving almost $8k off to lease the car right upfront, then dealers pushing bigger discounts on top of that. All said and done, new ones are coming $13k off the price.

That means that it's really only dropping about $3,000 in the first year. That's not bad at all!

OP
Triumvph
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #18
Except 13k off was not the deal in Jan/Feb. I get it. It just sucks the dealers are blowing out inventory destroying the value of our cars.