Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Poll: What tune are you using on your Kia Stinger GT?

What tune are you using on your Stinger GT

• Byte Tronik

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delicious Tuning

• Unichip

• Vivid Racing

• Keen

• Tork Motorsports

• Total voters
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thanks for your participation.

I've owned my Stinger GT2 since April 2018 and I've been considering a piggyback tune for a few months now. I'm running 91 octane and the car is stock.

For me, it comes down to reliability and longevity of the engine and powertrain and second performance. I'm not willing to risk my $50k car for more horsepower and torque, therefore once I hear folks stating they have run 1000s of miles with no issues, I will look to jump aboard. If you can share what chip you've installed, any other modifications you've made, is your car a GT, chip configuration settings, octane and how many miles you have run with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks for your participation.

I've owned my Stinger GT2 since April 2018 and I've been considering a piggyback tune for a few months now. I'm running 91 octane and the car is stock.

For me, it comes down to reliability and longevity of the engine and powertrain and second performance. I'm not willing to risk my $50k car for more horsepower and torque, therefore once I hear folks stating they have run 1000s of miles with no issues, I will look to jump aboard. If you can share what chip you've installed, any other modifications you've made, is your car a GT, chip configuration settings, octane and how many miles you have run with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I think there's already the same poll here https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1100-What-Tune-are-you-using-on-your-Kia-Stinger

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Mileskia, you're correct. I figured submitting a new thread may get further participation given that we had less than a 100 respondents. If would be great if we can get 100s. In addition to that I was hoping to hear from folks about their chip tune experience several months in and 1000s of miles later.

Reactions
Country
United States
I voted in the other poll and this one. So far I've logged 3000 miles on the Burger Motorsports JB4 without any problems. I'm sure if you follow the procedures and swap out the plugs when you get the tune you'll be safe with RaceChip or Lap3. The other brands I haven't really read anyone using them.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback Jerrycan. Much appreciated! Have a wonderful weekend

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
JB4 here as well. It's been about 2,000 miles now. I'm running an E85 blend on map 3 with no issues. The community is in constant contact with Terry and he's great to work with. No other piggyback has that level of service. GT2 with tork intakes, magnaflow catback, HKS40 plugs

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #7
JB4 here as well. It's been about 2,000 miles now. I'm running an E85 blend on map 3 with no issues. The community is in constant contact with Terry and he's great to work with. No other piggyback has that level of service. GT2 with tork intakes, magnaflow catback, HKS40 plugs
Appreciate the great info. Have a wonderful weekend.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #8
FYI: I heard back from Burger Motorsports sales that JB4 is not available for sale within California due to California's emissions regulations. I will need to confirm that Lap3 and RaceChip are available.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I?m running Racechip.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I voted JB4 but truthfully it's been a 600 dollar paperweight for a few weeks now. I'm anxious to finally install it but need new plugs first (the plugs, btw, have also been a paperweight). Hopefully when it cools down I can pay someone to come over and put the plugs in since I have no interest in trying it myself.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I voted JB4 but truthfully it's been a 600 dollar paperweight for a few weeks now. I'm anxious to finally install it but need new plugs first (the plugs, btw, have also been a paperweight). Hopefully when it cools down I can pay someone to come over and put the plugs in since I have no interest in trying it myself.
Hahahaha

Well, I'm going to regap my factory plugs tomorrow on my day off. Then I'm going to put on my JB4 and leave it on map 0 for a week or two to really get a good muscle memory for my stock car.

My Stinger has been in my body shop for 6 weeks getting the warranty repaint done on the Sunset Yellow color so I've been itching to drive my car again VERY BADLY!!! LOL

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Hahahaha

Well, I'm going to regap my factory plugs tomorrow on my day off. Then I'm going to put on my JB4 and leave it on map 0 for a week or two to really get a good muscle memory for my stock car.

My Stinger has been in my body shop for 6 weeks getting the warranty repaint done on the Sunset Yellow color so I've been itching to drive my car again VERY BADLY!!! LOL

I was ready to get back in mine after TWO DAYS in a Cadenza (even though they're very nice), so I can't imagine how it must feel to be without your car for six weeks!

But yeah, if you have extra time on your day off you can come down and regap/install my plugs too...lol.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #13
Has anyone installed an oil catch can? The K5 Optima store recommends it for the uncle lap3 chip, however I don?t see this recommendation on the RafeChip website.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
Any update on those number of miles on the tunes?

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #15
Any update on those number of miles on the tunes?
I?ve put a 1000 mikes on my RC with no issues. Besides RC my only other modifications are HKS plugs and XLR. I?ve used anywhere from 91 to 101 octane. Ive run the RC on the most aggressive Map 7. I?ve posted my Dyno results on Stinger forum under the RaceChip section if anyone is interested in seeing them. Quite impressive.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
16 Colorado Diesel
I just ordered the JB4 and wasn?t really aware the connect kit was 170.00.... sooo I?m kind of second guessing it and might just keep this thing bolt-ons.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #17
@twinsails

Given your response to my boost posting on the Stinger forum I thought you had been using the JB4 chip. What bolt-one do you have and how much HP/torque have you gained?

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #18
RaceChip.us is offering 25% off GTS and GTS Black valid through Monday Nov 26. If you register via TopCashback.com and link to RaceChip you get another 13% off. Can't beat that deal! Don't miss out if you been on the fence consider RaceChip.

OP
K
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #19
Lap3 Uncle chip slashed their price by approximately 15%. Now is the time to act on a chip, if you?ve been on the fence.