Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Which aftermarket intake brand are you running in your Stinger?

Which aftermarket intake brand are you running in your Stinger?

• K&N Typhoon

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Injen

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Stillen

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • AEM

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Agency Power Intake

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • K&N Drop-in

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Tork Motorsports

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • HPF Performance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSR Performance

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Jonny Tig Industries

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • NGM

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Burger Motor Sports

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Do those braces make the ride more harsh or just better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrSmoofy

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
I have those exact ones from your link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cool, but oops I wanted to know about @JAYP why he went with the gold color ones from Shark Racing

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Do those braces make the ride more harsh or just better?
The braces make the chassis NOT flex when you corner, now if you installed some Eibach Sway Bars to, holly cow, your car would corner great. It just makes your car handle better chris71, but I would put the ATQ Subframe Chassis Collar Kit in first before installing the braces.

Cool, but oops I wanted to know about @JAYP why he went with the gold color ones from Shark Racing
Because they sale the collars only. If you look at the picture of the gold collar and see how loose it fits on the subframe bolt, there's a company now that make a subframe chassis collar kit that includes 4 subframe bolts to replace the 4 tapered bolts in the front subframe so the collars fit snug.

MrSmoofy

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2
The braces make the chassis NOT flex when you corner, now if you installed some Eibach Sway Bars to, holly cow, your car would corner great. It just makes your car handle better chris71, but I would put the ATQ Subframe Chassis Collar Kit in first before installing the braces.

Because they sale the collars only. If you look at the picture of the gold collar and see how loose it fits on the subframe bolt, there's a company now that make a subframe chassis collar kit that includes 4 subframe bolts to replace the 4 tapered bolts in the front subframe so the collars fit snug.
Cool thanks, that's what I figured the difference was but wanted to make sure.

falkin42

Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'12 Mazda 3 Skyactiv
What is the HPF intake listed on the poll? I can't seem to find anything by searching. There's an Austrailian company by that nomenclature that doesn't seem to list any parts in favor of their performance packages and even those only mention a k&n drop-in.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

falkin42

Reactions
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'12 Mazda 3 Skyactiv
Yeah, ok, so it is that company. But like I said, they don't list any parts or pictures on their site. Is it something that'd have to be ordered over the phone or something?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Yeah, ok, so it is that company. But like I said, they don't list any parts or pictures on their site. Is it something that'd have to be ordered over the phone or something?
Ok, I look on the site, you can buy the tunes on their website, but, BIG BUT, this is their note: This product can only be fitted at Horsepower Factory in Dandenong. That is located around Melbourne Australia, so this company is not for the U.S, they only tune car in Australia.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
You can call them and ask to have an intake made for you, just like you would with Jonny Tig.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I just installed the AEM - I found it the best value for what was important to me - good insulation from the hot engine bay, reasonable price. Of course it let's in a lot of air as the others do and sounds similar. I'm interested to know how long the dry filters last, but they sound decent from other reviews (vs oiled filters, which I do have in other vehicles).

Installation was fine, I'm very handy, but I have three minor gripes - which aren't that bad, but could be better attention to detail:
1. the rubber edging that you install around the metal box was 2.5" short so I had to improvise
2. it appears like the lock washers are nickel steel where the other washer and bolt to be stainless (should all be stainless)
3. the plastic seams on the intake housing could have been sanded smooth for better fitment/seal when you put a hose on

I just installed, but I maintain it's the best one for me - I'll give AEM some grief about the items above, but overall fitment was good.

Note: I also used the driver's side metal box as the foundation to bolt my catch can to...

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
You can call them and ask to have an intake made for you, just like you would with Jonny Tig.
Oh ok, I was just going off what their website said after I clicked on stage 1/2/3.

JAYP

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Because they were the Only ones available at the time.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I just want to put it out to you guys, I contacted Injen on Instagram an ask them about heat shields for the 3.3 CAI. I told them that is the only complaint from people that have purchased it, plus it's one of the only CAI systems that doesn't have heat shields. They wrote me back and their going to talk to their RD department to see if they will start making them. I hope they do. I'm still going to go talk to a friend of mine and see if he can make me some.