Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Difference in tune/piggy back?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I've had my racechip for about 3 months now and I'm thinking about trying out other chip/piggy back. I would like to know the difference between lap3/jb4/racechip? I notice jb4 uses 2 connectors and Rc has 3. Also heres Tork but I really dont want to mess with the ECU. Anyone who went from 1 chip to the other notice any significant difference?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I know Jose [MENTION=482]kiacruzer[/MENTION] has tried both, let me tag him in this thread to see if he can provide some good insight.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
I have the JB4 and I think their piggypack tunes are great. They both put out similar horsepower, so if you're looking for a drastic power difference you're going to be disappointed.

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Doesnt the jb4 have 5-6 maps to choose from? I probably wont run as high as 4. I figured map 1-2 will be equivalent to race mode on racechip.

I have the JB4 and I think their piggypack tunes are great. They both put out similar horsepower, so if you're looking for a drastic power difference you're going to be disappointed.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Doesnt the jb4 have 5-6 maps to choose from? I probably wont run as high as 4. I figured map 1-2 will be equivalent to race mode on racechip.
Well, the JB4 has a ODBII port connection that gives much deeper readings for the processor to control. It also has fuel wire connections that help it adjust the Air/Fuel Ratio as well. I was very much between the two options and I chose the JB4. That plus the bluetooth phone app that makes logging, map changes, and even boost adjustments a breeze from the drivers seat.

Oh, and it's less dough. LOL $850 for RC or $630 w/app for JB4. *shrugs*

OP
M
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
I like the "set it and forget it" of the racechip. I have a feeling with the jb4 itll be non-stop tweaking to get it the way I want.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
There's a couple of maps you can use.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I like the "set it and forget it" of the racechip. I have a feeling with the jb4 itll be non-stop tweaking to get it the way I want.
Well, I don't know that it would be non-stop tweaking for me but I will probably play with the AFR and the boost a bit to see what does what.

That is also part of the benefit of the JB4. You can control your car to degree's that the vehicle won't allow on it's own.

It's kind of like smart phones... think of the RC as the "apple" version that keeps you largely out of the mix and the JB4 as the "Android" version that allows you to have a much more hands on experience. LOL