Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

September & October Lease/Finance programs

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hey all, I'm sorry for the delay. Been crazy the last couple of days. LOL

Here's the current programs.

The competitive and owner loyalty is ONLY on a cash or finance, NOT on the lease. Enjoy!

Stinger 1.jpg

Stinger 2.jpg

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Hey all, I'm sorry for the delay. Been crazy the last couple of days. LOL

Here's the current programs.

The competitive and owner loyalty is ONLY on a cash or finance, NOT on the lease. Enjoy!

View attachment 1341

View attachment 1342
So let me get this REALLY CLEAR:

A. If I go with the 3.9% financing, I can get the $2k bonus cash (which KMF essentially gets back over 60 months via interest).
B. AND since my Explorer AND Mazda6 (take my pick) qualify for Competitive Conquest Cash, I get $3k also?

Thus, $5k off in total, meaning I don't need to deploy the lease buyout strategy.

These TWO may be combined it appears, yes?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #3
You are correct.

Jlhowes

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi, I am looking at the GT2 RWD to lease in zip 91007. Favoring anything without red interior, just not my thing. Have put out queries to three dealers and have only had one really jump on interaction about specifics. The mf I have been quoted is .002, with 6900 lease cash, 50% residual off MSRP, 25075. They want 3k down, and are still quoting MSRP, which I obviously won?t bite on. What is a reasonable end game monthly pmt inclusive of taxes, fees, etc. for this area? They are being cagey about other fees, the only one I have is dispo at 400. I have the option of trading in a 2011 Audi A4 but will be checking other options (Carmax, sorry, don?t have time to sell myself) for perspective. Haven?t mentioned that in my correspondence. Would like to end up as far below 500 inclusive as I can. Happy to wait a few weeks, not in a rush. Thanks for any help the forum can provide.

Jlhowes

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Sorry forgot to mention, 3 year/10k - I don?t drive much. Thanks.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Sorry forgot to mention, 3 year/10k - I don?t drive much. Thanks.
Arcadia CA area eh?... Well, I was hunting for just a GT with certain specs, so quite different than what you wanted, but just committed yesterday and got around $500 under invoice (maybe a bit less, due to the fact they included their document fee in the price also).

I had one dealer not wanting to budge really at all. That's fine, but two others were really great with their pricing and responsiveness in the LA area, so I can't complain at all.

That said, I should think you should START off the lease with getting the lowest price you can, which should be around invoice. THEN, the rest is the math with the Lease Cash, the Money Factor and 50% buyout. About the only thing you can really work on is that starting price point - which I'm inclined to think if a dealer has 10+ Stingers left on their lot, they would be highly motivated to move the majority of them THIS MONTH before 2019's start arriving in October...

I was going to lease and then buyout. But being patient is a virtue! As the Conquest Cash (about very car ever made is in that list - just a sales gimmick) is $3,000! Use their financing at 2.9%, gives another $2,000 off, and finally, AWD Stingers still get the $1,000 off. That's $6k just from KIA Corporate. Work off another $3,500 off a GT2 or so? Yeah, you are nearing $10k off and that's why I went the purchase vs lease buyout route.

But if you want it for only 2 or 3 years, lease and good luck!

JeffH

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Camaro 2SS conv.
Hey There. I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if you could explain the differences between the 2 leases? Why is the lease cash different between the two and the residual much less on the bottom lease option?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hey There. I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if you could explain the differences between the 2 leases? Why is the lease cash different between the two and the residual much less on the bottom lease option?
Thank you in advance.
Simple. The first set of lease rates (reading top down), is for 36 months. The second set of lease rates is for 48 months. Hope that helps. It shows that, but the print is very small.

patnic517

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Hi guys new here. What do you think the best deal I can get a either base stinger AWD or a entry GT AWD Lease or finance?
I own a 2002 accord.
So I can get 1500 off a base and 3000 off a gt? competition cash?
1000 of for AWD? whats this as someone mentioned?
Lets say 10% dealer discount off msrp is its a 43k gt thats 4300 off
So I can potentially be on a cash discount of 8300 dollars off MSRP?

What could the base drop to with those discounts? Thanks

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hi guys new here. What do you think the best deal I can get a either base stinger AWD or a entry GT AWD Lease or finance?
I own a 2002 accord.
So I can get 1500 off a base and 3000 off a gt? competition cash?
1000 of for AWD? whats this as someone mentioned?
Lets say 10% dealer discount off msrp is its a 43k gt thats 4300 off
So I can potentially be on a cash discount of 8300 dollars off MSRP?

What could the base drop to with those discounts? Thanks
Hello MaSTeR.LeGenD,

So your configuration is almost identical to what I picked up two-weeks ago! So let me see if I can help. First my Configuration:

? GT, AWD, DriveWise, White

If you go to AutoByTel, or some other sites, you can see the invoice and check out the accessory invoices (for AWD and DriveWise, etc...).

At the end of the day, I got the car for about $700 UNDER invoice. Clearly, dealers are getting some Factory to Dealer incentives we in the public do not see, to use and play with to move year-end cars.

What WE got after September 5th is/was:

? $1,000 Rebate for AWD versions
? $2,000 KMF Financing
? $3,000 Conquest Cash (which has about every car listed under the sun. Gimmick/excuse to give you money at year-end, and they get a bit of marketing data ta boot).

My Sticker was $43,655 (had a cargo net and a few extras). Dealer also added tinted windows and Xpel or 3M-like clear shield to the hood and door sills and a few other areas. I walked way at $43,212. Nothing additional. So, minus license, their dealer fee, the tint and shield, they rolled backwards out of that price, the car itself was around $42,500-ish?

Clearly, money to be had in getting a Stinger right now.

That said, I'm from Oregon. I flew to Colorado on a cheap red-eye, dealer picked me up in the morning, went and did the paperwork and drove it home (fun road trip). Not great for the breaks I know, but so far so good!

The dealer still has about 14 - yes FOURTEEN - Stingers left. Many are GT2's I believe, but hey, just a thought if you live anywhere on the west coast or into the mid-west, might be worth the drive.

Just look for inventory on Kia.com and punch in the Denver zip code, you'll find them really quickly, because most the Stingers in Denver are at this one dealership. And yes, almost everything they have is AWD - if not everything they have being AWD.

Hope that helps!

NOTE: I was going to do a lease and then buy it out, but the additional $3k conquest cash, well it made straight out purchasing a ton of sense instead of all that lease buyout work, get a Credit Union 3rd party loan to buy it out, all that nonsense. Right now, purchasing makes a lot of sense.

NOTE II: I'm glad I got the GT w/Drivewise while I could still find one. Someone correct me, but it appears the 2019 GT's come with blind spot and a few other things, but not all the other DriveWise goodies, and an extra DriveWise package to add them is NOT available on the GT. Rather, you'll need to really shell out and move north into a GT1. Ack!... Same thing happened with my 2014 Mazda6. Next model year they switched around the config and threw in stuff I didn't want and took away other goodies in the Tech Package. They are always looking to upsell...

Hope something in there helped!

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the info. What is drive wise? Do you think I can get a base stinger down to 25k out the door? I like the 6cyl but im in nj and the entry gt is not really around anymore. Lots of premiums are on the lots. If I did do the lease then buy out the buy out number would be what number? I know its not residual cause thats at the end of the lease right? Im in nj can anyone chime in are you able to buy out directly from kia or do you have to go to a dealer?

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Hey thanks for the info. What is drive wise? Do you think I can get a base stinger down to 25k out the door? I like the 6cyl but im in nj and the entry gt is not really around anymore. Lots of premiums are on the lots. If I did do the lease then buy out the buy out number would be what number? I know its not residual cause thats at the end of the lease right? Im in nj can anyone chime in are you able to buy out directly from kia or do you have to go to a dealer?
Here's a list of whats included in the Drivewise package.
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/895-Kia-Drive-Wise-Package

Take a look at the lease buyout discussions.
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1987-Lease-Buyout-How-to-get-the-best-deal-on-a-Kia-Stinger!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
A base stinger for $25? Well, I can't recall, but I think the $3k conquest cash is good on ALL Stingers, yes? if so, that $32,XXX is down to $29,xxx. And if you finance, you get another $2k off (assuming your credit is over 720). That's another $2k off right their and you are down to $27,xxx and that is before the dealer taking off a dime.

And yes, the dealer should EASILY be able to take another $2,500 off. Just check the invoice pricing of the Stinger (I use AutoByTel), and the dealer should be able to meet the invoice price, plus all the rebates.

Good luck!

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #16
Conquest is only $1,500 on the 2.0L.

Gmrz

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
hi guys, I'm new here, but I already read a lot posts and your guys are amazing. I did the Costco program and the truecar for a GT2 AWD. Truecar msrp is $52,405 and discount price is $47,028 but it includes $1,000 kia stinger bonus cash, is that the same as the $1,000 AWD cash incentive? and is there any loyalty discount that can be use with the lease, I read some comments saying you could than that's how it gets confusing. thank you guys

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #18
Yes, the Stinger get's the loyalty. You cannot stack loyalty and competitive.

Last edited:

chia9876

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2 (Red)
Is the $3k conquest cash in place of the cars book value on on top of it? So a $5k would be $8k total? Does this count towards leases too? Inquiring minds need to know ????

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #20
Is the $3k conquest cash in place of the cars book value on on top of it? So a $5k would be $8k total? Does this count towards leases too? Inquiring minds need to know ????
Well, I'm not sure what you mean about the cars book value. The very first post with the programs states that they do NOT count for a lease.